CZ 550 Varmint Kevlar barrel

jwcrabb

Looking at one of these CZ 550's. No dealers near me have one. I was wondering how heavy the barrel is? Is the diameter similar to a Remington Sendero or SPS Varmint? Anybody have one? Thanks

I have one in 22-250. It doesn't know it but it could be a BR gun. Heavy OMG. accurate? I don't have an out of the box rifle that can touch it except my cooper 6.5x .284. Weighs a couple pounds more than the Senderos. It would be one of the last guns I got rid of if I had to. It shoots true .25 MOA or less out to 600 with 52 grain Watsons if I do my part with the wind. Love the set trigger. Literally in the ounces. Mine sports the laminate stock. Everyone that shoots it tries to buy it off me. Not for sale EVER! Shot it this weekend and was shooting 20 oz soda bottles with BORING regularity at 600. I have shot groups at six you would swear I shot at 100. I hope I never wear the bbl out as I would cry.

Kweidner, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I have 3 CZ527's and they are awesome. Just wanted to hear from someone that actually shoots a 550 Varmint. I'll get one on order this week.

You will never own a better out of the box factory rifle than the CZ's and they are great people to deal with.

I've shot most of the rifles in their line and they are just awesome and the single set trigger is truly amazing.

I'm looking at a 550 Varmint as well. What is the diameter at the end of the barrel? I've got a couple of 527 varmints and they're awesome!
Thanks

Anybody got a link to these rifles? It's piquing my interest, as when I worked for the outdoors store, I continuously drooled over the old Remington 700 VS Composite with the Christiansen Arms CF barrels. I still want one so bad!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.