CZ 550 Badlands

backyardsniper

Don't know if any of you guys have looked at these but I was in the market for a new hunting rifle. Key phrase here is "hunting rifle" I have owned a myriad of.custom 338 and various other calibers and I've always been a fan of cz rifles so when I saw these I thought why not. 9.2 lb kevlar stock #4 contour barrel. I am a big fan of the set trigger in these rifles. I found a picatinny base made by egw. Not my first choice but it Should work fine. I have a nightforce 5.5-22 and 300 pieces of brass and almost 1k projectiles stocked up so I will keep you guys updated with range reports as soon as she shows up. At $2320 if she will keep em under .75moa with handloads in a 9lb rifle with controlled round feed and a set trigger with a 4+1 magazine capacity Im going to consider this a win. It also comes with a factory brake. Looks similar to accubrake. Anyway, just wanted to share this with yall. Hopefully some updates and range reports soon to come

Not saying that the heavier long range rigs aren't " hunting rifles" I love those as well I just wanted to try something in more of a traditional hunting rifle configuration. I think this rifle will fall into what I would call a lightweight long range or field /long range hybrid kind of deal. Similar to the savage 111lrh but in my opinion a bit more rifle than that.

I missed it . . . what caliber is it?

Very cool, that's a lot of brass and projectiles to load. :)

Get to it, so we can see range results!!!

:)

Can't believe i left that out. 338 lapua. Which just happens to be my favoritecartridge in the whole world. Ha ha. I just figured everybody knew already I guess

Slight delay on this project. I bought the gun on gunbroker called and made payment and was told it was ready to go and would get tracking info shortly. Few days later I called to check on it and was told that they didn't have it in stock and they were trying to find me one. This being after I paid for it and asked if it was in stock!!! Just goes to show you never know. When I do find one and get it bought I will get yall that range report.
Thanks guys

Sorry to hear that. You must be a patient man. Good for you. I still am interested in one as I think it would make a great.moose and caribou.rifle. If the accuracy is there. It would be a perfect all around Alaskan rifle. Enough size and snort for brown bear up close or a caribou 800 yards away. A 3-18 IOR optic should be right at home on it.
Look fwd to reading your review.
Glen.

Slight delay on this project. I bought the gun on gunbroker called and made payment and was told it was ready to go and would get tracking info shortly. Few days later I called to check on it and was told that they didn't have it in stock and they were trying to find me one. This being after I paid for it and asked if it was in stock!!! Just goes to show you never know. When I do find one and get it bought I will get yall that range report.
Thanks guys

I've had that happen as well. Then when I left feedback and a neutral rating they slammed me and gave me a negative feedback calling me a liar...

Ethics, or a lack there of.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SendMailToUser.aspx?User=372438&Item=124729952

Same thing here. I left a review and they replied like they had done nothing wrong. To which I replied with a scathing review of thier lack of ethics. Ha ha

Same thing here. I bought (but didn't pay for a rifle) on there. I was a little bitter about it and tried to track down Gbroker to send their local BBB a nastygram about them but they're a very private business. No phone numbers or addresz available. Wrote up the seller on Gbroker for what they did and got the same response. Been leary of Gbroker since. On a brighter note, LRH deals have been great! Thanks guys!

That is very true. I have done several deals on here both buying and selling, even trading and all of the guys here have been great. I even went on the group elk hunt last year and got to meet Len and Andy and some of the othwr members. You could not have asked for a better hunt or a better group of guys to hang out with. We really had a great week.

Well here is a little update for you fellas. I had a slight change of plans. I was kinda soured on the cz deal and I called a gunsmith to look into doing another build and I didn't really find what I was looking for there. So, after a good bit of thinking and a few beverages I decided to go with something that I know I like. Having owned one previously I decided to go with a trg 42. Not your traditional hunting rifle but i have owned one before and have kicked my self for getting rid of it ever since. 11lbs is not too out of line for a man portable rifle, I love the adjustability of it. The trigger is phenominal. Basically i like everything about them. According to the ups genie it should be here tomorrow. Most of you are familiar with this rifle but I dont see or hear a lot about them on this site so I will follow up with the previously promised range report and a honest review of my opinion of its performance as a hunting rifle after I get to spend a little time with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.