CZ 527 .17 Hornet

Greg Duerr

Cant say enough about the little CZ 527 in the 17 Hornet........................I topped it off with a Leupold 3x-9x Compact and with the Hornady factory ammo......................Wow does it shoot.
After Barrel break in and using bore cream the first four five shot groups went.

.524, .484, .415, and .324

Im planning on putting on a new Leupold 6x-18x and would see better five shot groups.

That little rifle will go head to head with a Cooper that is priced about $1200 more.

Very impressed and what a fun Rifle to shoot...................

Ive never had a 17 before other than the 17 HMR..................I've had 22 Hornets, 22K Hornets, 19 Badger, .222 Remington................

I Have always wanted one and was told that I needed to try the 17 Hornet. I spend the spring months shooting ground squirrels and have done it in the past with the above mentioned cartridges.
The Factory 17 Hornet says that the 20gr V Max is moving at 3600 I have not Chronoed the load yet but have reloading info that can push that 20gr V Max at over 3750 with VIT 120 or AA 1680
With the kind of accuracy I was getting, now that's impressive.............No recoil and you can see your hits...........and 500 loads per lb of powder.
At first I had a tuff time finding Loaded ammo, brass and powder but after going on line I found everything I needed at Gun Broker...................

I will be trying it out on Coyotes and Grey Fox this winter...........should be a super Fur friendly Cartridge.

Bigger is NOT always better..................................

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.