CZ 455 Varmint Ammo Recommendation

SArnold30

I've almost exclusively been using the Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match 40 gr in mine for the past several years, incredibly accurate, will print dime-sized 10 shot groups at 50 yards all day long. Used it on a few raccoons and opossums, countless ground squirrels, and for plinking; but now I'm down to the last few hundred rounds of my stockpile and according to Federal's website they've discontinued this ammunition. What else is everyone using in theirs with similar performance? I've read about great results with Lapua Midas + and Center-X, Eley Tenex, Wolf Match; and several others have also highly regarded the Federal AutoMatch Targets.

Thanks for reading and your input!

I like the CCI 40 gr Subsonic Hollowpoint in my CZ 455 Varmint, not sure of their availability now. It's my tree rat load of choice. I prefer to take head shots if possible but if not, these hollowpoints work on chest shots well, at least on gray squirrels CCI Standard Velocity also good (not new production) nearly dime-sized groups at 50 yards for me. I have some of your favored ammo but haven't tried it yet.
Bought a bunch several years ago.
Older CCI Blazer (10+ years old) was a sleeper in the accuracy department, as @birddog 68 mentioned, but all I have is gone now.

Sounds like I've got a lot of options to try out. Might have to shop around a bit to see what's out available/priced reasonably right now. The good news is it seems these rifles aren't too picky!

I have a full case of that cci blazer, might have to break it open and try it. I just bought as cheap stuff for the kids to blast with, sounds like it might have a better use...

I use CCI sub sonic hp's in all my rimfire rifles, all are CZ's. But I just hunt squirrels with them, if I were going after bigger game like groundhogs or raccoon size critters I would recommend CCI Velocitor's or Aguila Interceptors.