CVA Paramount

You think having a brake bored bored from a 45cal to a 50cal would still work ok? My thinking is with the gun still on backorder i hate to buy a bunch of bullets that i don't know will work for sure. Thats a why I'd like to have a brake that i could keep my options open. Just in case some of the bullets i would like to use are out of stock.

I have a TC 50cal that I bought about 17 years ago and it is a tack driver with triple load of 777 pellets and Hornday 300sst .45. I never thought of putting a brake on it or heard of muzzle loaders with brakes. I live in GA and the DNR changed the rules on black powder season hunting so it is not advantagous to hunt primitive weapons anymore. My TC is like brand new with a Mossy Oak camo thumb hole stock, Packmeyer Pad, stainless barrel, 3X9-40 Nikon I shot a few 8 points and put it away. It basically shoots with holes touching at 100. I was told that the model I have is when TC was buting barrels that were very accurate. I'll have to find a picture, its burried in one of my safes. I could put the brake on myself since I have a gunsmith shop. i just don't know what I would use it for again.
Thanks
Len

I put a Witt machine brake on my 45 cal. Paramount because it is not threaded. I was tired of feeling like I had a concussion after shooting a few rounds. The witt machine makes it comfortable to shoot but a pain in the *** to clean.

I put a Witt machine brake on my 45 cal. Paramount because it is not threaded. I was tired of feeling like I had a concussion after shooting a few rounds. The witt machine makes it comfortable to shoot but a pain in the *** to clean.
Not sure if you're aware..................... Spray your brake with Windex. Let it set and spray it off again with Windex. Once clean, be sure to lubricate the entire brake.
Those small plastic tubs work well with a couple pieces of paper towel in the bottom to catch the spray and gunk.

Not in my opinion. The skirt on the rear of the bullet is flared to provide the seal. The flare going through the brake makes contact.

Not a tactical brake but a radial. Notice the difference between those shot without the brake and those with?

View attachment 265649
Are we talking about the ELR bullets ?? The photo doesn't look like the ELR skirt. So far I haven't had any issues with the TREX and the ELR's hitting.
elrrrrr.jpg

The photo shows recovered sabots that are shot through a brake and some not shot through a brake. Its only to show what the "skirt" on sabots or the ELR bullets do upon ignition. They expand under pressure creating the seal.
The TRex is the best brake out there IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.