Cutting out weight

houston

I mentioned in a earlier post I was going to look for a mountain rifle that weighed considerbly less than my sedero that i packed on a recent sheep hunt however this rifle shoots like non other out past 1000 yards. The question is, how much could i lighten this gun up with aftermarket equipment?
With 9 bullets on the stock, luepold 6.5x20x50 & harris bipods it weighs 12.5#
Im willing to spend some coin if its feasable. The gun will shoot a 1/2 minute group at 900 yards and Ive spent a year getting it there thru quite a little R&d I hate to start over but if thats what it is ill deal with it.
Thanks Jeff~lightbulb

First off get rid of bullets on stock, I have a stock bullet holder , but only use in road or horse pack. Less weight on sling is better for me, maybe you dont use sling. How much does bipod weigh? Atlas is 10 oz. snipepod 6-8 oz. models,my Lonewolf summit 20 oz., alum rings, alum. bottom metal. alum bolt knob. I did all these with a ABS barrel and my bare 26'' braked, 7-2oz. 8-12 0z. scoped,level,aci,20x50.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.