Cutting Edge vs. Hammer Bullets?

Jumpalot

Been a Berger fan for quite a while now, but looking to try some new bullets. These will be for my 284 Win. Currently shooting the 168VLD at 2850fps. It will be used for muleys and elk to 600yds. max. Thinking about dropping to 150grn weight class. Is either bullet better then the other or are they pretty much the same? How hard are they to work up a load for? Performance on game? Should I just stay with what I'm shooting?
Thanks in advance for all your thoughts/ideas.

the hammers are the easiest bullet I have ever worked with as far as load development and are fabulous killers the absolute hammer should get you some great speeds give steve a call and talk with him about if his bullets dont work for you he offers your money back who else does that in the bullet industry

Agreed with statement above. I have tried to run 180grn 30cal MTH out of my WSM and 100grn 257 cal out of my 25-06 and could never get them to group. Tried the hammers in my WSM last year and was done with load development in 3 shots.

Not to seal any thunder from hammer, but the badlands bullets look pretty promising as well. Just received my first couple boxes of those yesterday. Can't wait to shoot them!

I will also add how easy hammers are to load from, I had some cutting edge to try they didnt shoot worth a darn and the ones i had you had to seat them to an O-ring, I called bad lands and was not impressed with their service the guy i talked to seemed as i was more of a bother to him so i called steve and have been shooting hammers ever sense.

Tagging in. No experience with Cutting Edge. I shoot 124 HH in my 6.5x47. 8 shots and load development was done. They have exceeded my expectations killing deer so far. Just placed a order to try some absolutes in 6.5 and 7mm.

Cutting Edge and Hammer are a softer copper alloy the Badlands so they will have less engraving pressure = more velocity. They also have a different style of expansion where the tips peel and 3-5 petal/fragments radiate out like shrapnel then the remaining shank penetrates thru and exits. the Badlands are like Barnes and stay in one piece. See the Badlands thread with me and Cody's elk hunt(page 8), this is why I moved away from the hard alloy bullets like Barnes and Badlands, but am still open to trying them. I'm going to wait for some performance feedback on game before I try them, but that claimed BC sure is sweet !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.