Cutting Edge Maximus

logan197

Has any one had any experience with any of cutting edge's muzzleloader bullets. Looking at the 250 gr Maximus for my Remington UML. It has the replacement breech plug from arrowhead and will be running Blackhorn 209.

I shot them out of CVA optima for awhile. They shoot pretty good, not tack driving, but probably 2-2.5 MOA. Killed a smaller doe with them. bullet works exactly as shown on website. Found the petals under hide on offside shoulder. Would have to check my notes, but i think i ended up using the harvester crushed rib sabots with them instead of the ones supplied by cutting edge. Shot them in my smokeless savage before i sold it. Required a sub base for the sabot to survive. Not sure if your UML will require a sub base or not.

I have used the 210 and the 250 Maximus in my 20" Knight.
BH powder and the 210 I get 2112 FPS and about an inch. Green Harvester.
BH powder with 74gr and the 250 I am at 1874 FPS and group about an inch. Red Harvester.

Have not put them into game yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.