Customizing a Rem 25.06

Obsessed

I have a Rem 25.06 700 BDL SS DSM, this gun is bone stock except for the Pachmayr recoil pad. I was thinking about putting a nice laminated or wood thumbhole stock and trigger work (replace with Timney). What is a great stock to fit this action and barrel without having to bed, if there is such a thing. What other kind of work should I have done to this gun. It shoots OK right now, but it is not a tackdriver by any means. I am going to start to reload and once I get the hang of that I am sure that will help accuracy some. The scope is a Nikon buckmaster, I am replacing that with a 3-9X40 or 4-12X40 Leupold VXIII. Any help is appreciated.

Obsessed I have a Rem 25 also First thing I done was to work up some good Loads and relieve the pressure point at the end of the stock. Mine really shot good with 100gr Sierra Game Kings and Nosler Partitions it didn't seem to like any of the 85's I tried I liked it so well I bought another one and put a Shilen Barrel on it and had it improved That gun is a real shooter for deer and coyotes and the improving made it a whole lot easier on brass, Good luck

[ 01-06-2003: Message edited by: CZECHTECH ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.