• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Customized by GAP Rem. 700P 338LM improved

762frmafr

For sale i have the following rifle. All work was done by Moon at GAP.

Receiver: Remington 700P in 338LM with detachable bottom metal.

Stock: McMillan A-5 fully adjustable Black 2 flush cups and a Pic. rail attached for bipod

Barrel: 30" ABS wrapped Rock 338 1-9

Badger 30 MOA Base

Badger FTE Brake threaded 3/4-24

Cerakote black
Chambered in 338LM improved

side bolt release

jewell bottom safety trigger

bed action

badger bolt knob

also included in sale is a set of RCBS 338 lapua improved 40* dies, and 98 pieces of Lapua brass. some of the brass is loaded with 250 gamekings and 180 Nosler ballistic tips. total to build would be over $4600. I am selling for $3800 and can include a set of 34mm Badger rings if needed. Rifle weighs 13.1 LBS without scope and rings. Only trades that will be considered will be a DTA SRS in 338LM. bonus points if it has a S&B 5-25 on it already. plus cash on my end of course.

338AI007.jpg

338AI006.jpg

338AI005.jpg

338AI004.jpg

338AI003.jpg

338AI002.jpg

338AI001.jpg

338AI008.jpg

Beautiful rifle with all the right stuff.

How long have you had it and how many rounds down the tube?

How does it shoot?

When a rifle is chambered to an Ackley Improved does the original cartridge change to a particular shoulder angle across the board or is it caliber specific?

Roughly, what is the performance difference between a 338 LM and a 338 LM Ackley Improved?

Thank you and good luck with your sale!

Matt

Beautiful rifle with all the right stuff.

How long have you had it and how many rounds down the tube?

How does it shoot?

When a rifle is chambered to an Ackley Improved does the original cartridge change to a particular shoulder angle across the board or is it caliber specific?

Roughly, what is the performance difference between a 338 LM and a 338 LM Ackley Improved?

Thank you and good luck with your sale!

Matt
it shoots great...better than i can. you get about 150-200 fps faster velocity with the improved version. a regular 338LM round will chamber and fireform in this chamber. thank you.

Thanks for the information. I like the Picatinny rail in front too...details make the package.

Matt