Customer service

mongoose

This may pertain to the general discussion or may not...

So the other day I email Swarovski and enquire in the general sense about the "Horus" tie/hat pins they once included with the scopes....just being curious. The reply emails says they are discontinued but they have a few left and its in the outgoing mail.

(Yes, you must include an address in the contact form.)

Well, it arrived today.....I'm a bit amazed. Given the downward trend towards PR & customer service in general. Needless to say there is hope!

"Thanks Jane for sending it along!!!!!"

Always good to hear about a company that does things right.

It seem customer service is headed 2 different directions these days. There are companies that emphasize it and go out of their way to see to their customers needs. Then there are the others who seem to find new and different ways to drop the ball on customer service every day.

We are fortunate that there are quite a few high quality companies with high quality people running them in the firearms business.

A few years ago I had an issue with one of their drop down menus when trying to register one of their optics and sent them an email. They sent a nice reply and fixed their software immediately.

Swarovski customer service is second to none. I have sent in abused binoculars and they have been completely repaired free of charge with a note and cleaning cloth to boot, same with rail mount scope I sent back. Swarovski service is what Leupold used to be. I have several Leica products that I like but have sent in numerous binoculars and range-finders and repair costs are astronomical and the Que can be long. They will offer a trade up though and they negotiate. I had a pair of Docters that cost me **** near as much as the purchase price to fix a cracked hinge and two months, they suck!Same with S&B (at least a few years back). Swarovski gets my vote as best customer service ever and deserves our support, at some point you will send a scope or binoculars back for service.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.