• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Stiller/Bartlien 338 Lapua

JJGibbs

I personally built this rifle for myself the end of last year and have decided to part with it in order to fund some other projects I have going on. I can email or text pictures. Round count is 75 and it will shoot 3/8MOA all day long (off a bipod and rear bag) and weighs roughly 18lbs with optics. I built it strictly as an extra long range elk rifle.

Rifle is as follows:

-Stiller TAC338 w/ pinned .300 recoil lug Fluted Bolt and 20 MOA 8-40 pinned picatinny rail
-Bartlien 9.3 twist 1.350" AMU Barrel
-McMillan Adjustable A-5 fully bedded and barrel free floated (color is McMillan Camo) flush cups and dual front studs
-Badger M5 DBM with (1)LA Lapua CIP Mag
-CSR 4 port Muscle Brake
-Jewel trigger
-Complete barreled action and bottom metal CeraKoted Foliage Green

Bare rifle price is $4500 OBO, if you're interested in a set of Redding Competition dies and brass to go with the rifle I will work out a package deal on all of that as well. I would consider a Nightforce as partial trade.
JJ Gibbs (928)486-7063

Last edited:
This isn't my thread, but most people including myself are reluctant to post load data as it can end bad. I am sure the seller wouldn't mind a private message and share his data, but don't count on him posting it on an open forum. Just my .02 cents.

There is some basic load data I used to start with and one of the first groups I shot with the rifle posted in the link I provided. As for what I am shooting now I am sorry but that's reserved for the person that buys the rifle. The barrel is finished @27" plus the CSR brake so 28" overall.

To the top one last time. Only trades I am really interested in are a Nightforce/Manners T4 or McMillan A5/Custom Action