• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom/semi-custom 6.5 CM bolt rifle

Havingfun

I'm looking for a nice, light weight 6.5 Creedmoor rifle for an older friend of mine. I am looking for something particularly nice but not crazy-stupid relative to price. Must be bolt action (RH) and must be above average quality. Prefer a good quality synthetic stock (McMillan for example) but would consider a particularly nice piece of wood too if properly pillar bedded. Strongly prefer something weighing around 7lbs or less.
(As an option, I will also consider a quality barreled action.).
Finally, if someone has a 260 Rem with the same criteria listed above, I might be interest as ballistically, the two are almost identical. I'd have to really "sell" this idea to my friend but if an exceptional rifle/offer appeared, I'd consider it on his behalf.
Thanks for any suggestions.

In what price range are looking to purchase a rifle?

Brian
Brian,
Fair question but I'm going to have to admit, I'm doing this somewhat ***-backwards.

I'm trying to get a feel for what's out there and what prices they are commanding so I can discuss with my friend. Once I explain to him what it will cost to get a certain level of a good used rifle, then I'll have a better feel of what he wants and what he's willing to spend on it. In either case, I'm going to do my best to get him a very fair deal on whatever he ends up with.
In my mind, I'm hoping to find him something in the $2K+ range but well south of $3K. Having said that, I also suspect there is a good chance something that scratches his itch may come up at less than $2K. I just have to see what's out there.
Hope this makes sense.

Havingfun

I have a very nice 6.5 cm built with quality components. It fits every criteria you have aside from "well below" 3k, although I'd sell it for below 3k for sure.

If any interest p.m. me. I'm headed out of town in the a.m. until Sunday afternoon.