Custom Rifle Stock

NuttyLemur

Looking for someone who can build a completely custom wood stock for a rifle in 458 Lott.

Not a drop in stock and not a one size fits all, something built for me so the rifle points and shoots like a dream.

There are many people who can do that if you don't mind writing the check. A late friend of mine made custom wood stocks. He charged $4000 plus the price of the wood. I think a Shortgrass from this site does that kind of work.

I have seen a few websites out there making custom stocks and they all run about 3500-4000. So that is the price i expected, just need to know who i can "trust" to build me a great stock. Someone willing to put time and effort into getting me fitted to the gun and make a work of art.

You should probably look for a stockmaker that is within driving distance. If you have no dimentions, drop at comb, drop at heal, length of pull , cast off/on, prefered width and length of the butt, shape of the cheek piece and forearm, you will need to work one on one with the stockmaker and it'll take several visits as the work progresses. What suits one may not suit another.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.