Custom rifle company review question

Braxton567

I'm wanting to customize my tikka or buy one that's already done. So I need your help. Has anyone owned a rifle from one of these or know someone who has and can help me decide. Either neilson custom rifles or Oregon mountain rifle company. Also heard of a good gunsmith shaen rifles that I can send parts and he'd put it all together for me. Any help is appreciated. Oh I'm wanting a tikka in 6.5 prc with carbon barrel and carbon stock. Thanks again

neilson custom rifles
Talks about experience building rifles, but started mentoring in 2014. I question if the experience in running the business and all the ins/outs of this business are understood along with just how to get out of trouble when **** doesn't work right...I don't want to disparage him though as his product looks great.

Oregon mountain rifle company.
Looks pretty solid, but barrel break in? C'mon...aren't we beyond that? Also, seems like the warranty part is written sketchy. Probably paid a lawyer to help. 1 moa guaranteed? Aren't there $300 rifles that guarantee that? Still, I don't know this guy, he probably makes great rifles.

i would spend more time in the rifle building and classified sections of this site. I think there are like 20ish folks building most of the rifles. I would do some work to figure out who they are. Mail works.

My guy has been building rifles forever. Builds a good rifle and advertises by giving out his home phone. He is known for knowing how things work ...feeding, fitting, correct feeling....that stuff. He knows good parts. He knows how to make a rifle shoot. He doesn't have a web page, just a plain brown card with name and number. He does good work at a fair price. He offers advice when needed, but mostly, he just knows how to put the stuff together That I dream up. He can build a rifle in 3-4 months, unless he is carving you a wood stock....that takes time. Dennis Olson.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.