Custom Rifle Builder Question

I couldn't imagine a gun smith surpassing Alex Wheelers attention to detail, action timing, chamber reaming. You ask the guy any questions regarding shooting, reloading, accuracy, and he has been there done thaT from experience not just reading it on the internet. He puts on 1k yard shoots and is there to see what's working all the time. Has a number of guns that hold records. Found him by looking up who the top benchrest guys use for smiths. Made a few calls to see which ones do hunting rifles and went from there.

Last edited:
54C2B825-BBBC-4597-B69F-8CB36C671A30.jpeg
Travis with RBros Rifles best there is
Enough said

Last edited:
Jimmy McCullough
I second Jimmy McCullough in Valley Grande, AL. (Just a couple miles north of Selma) Only thing is if he still builds or is retired by now. He built me an M40A1 (not a true replica, but to my specs) with a Schneider barrel about 10 years ago that shoots in the low .1's after load workup. It would probably be even better with a better shooter behind it. I can't speak about others because it is my only custom, but I believe the groups speak for themselves, even if I am a bit inexperienced with many customs. However, Mike R. at TacOps near Los Angeles has some test targets that I would put up against any custom rifle's.

Last edited:
I have a friend having a rifle built by Jon Beanland. any reviews on him from anyone?
I have a Beanland custom and he is building me two more. I answered D'arcy Echols to this post because it is more of a dream rifle. But for the guns I am going to use to hunt stuff, Jon Beanland builds em.

Ok so let's throw price out the window for starters if you could only have One and only One custom rifle builder to build you a custom hunting rifle who would it be ?

Thanks,
Danny
This is the one that I chose !! Ie, 700 Remington, 270 with a custom fiddle back maple stock. Don't know the builder just happened to be in the store when it was traded in !
DSCN0418.JPG
DSCN0426.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.