Custom Reticle

PaHitman

New to the forums. I just purchased a Sendero in 7mm Mag. Put a 4.5x14 Leupold with a 30mm tube on it. I was on Leupold's web site & their custom shop can put a ballistically matched reticle in it. Thoughts & comments appreciated.

I don´t know what leupold offers. but I´d go with a milliradian or a MOA reticle, in first focal plane if possible.

In my opinion, a ballistically matched reticle would serve you only for a specific cartridge/bullet combination... those two will be useful always and all you need is to be able to interpretate them and apply the ranging/ holdover/windage correction they offer.

We have covered the pros and cons of hold-off vs trajectory compensation vs clicking your turrets here, try a SEARCH and you will find good info.

In a nutshell the Leupold custom reticle should work great and it will be faster to use than cranking your turret. You pretty much have to stay with one load tho, significant changes will move the point of impact away from the reference marks on the reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts