• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Rem 700 300 RUM

yotekilla250

I put this together in a chance to get drawn for Elk tags, unfortunantly life happens (no tags) and I gotta get rid of her. Shoots sub MOA at 100 yards with Hornady Precision Hunter Ammo. Stainless steel Remington 700 long action, timney trigger, wyatts bottom metal and 1 AICS mag, talley 30mm rings, bedded bell and carlson stock, and proof research carbon fiber barrel and titanium muzzle break. No scope or bipod. $1950 firm (well over this in parts). Comes with all the brass, RCBS dies and factory ammo I have for it. Willing to ship for $75 to your FFL (from individual, please check this works) once payment clears (cashiers check or usps MO please). Thanks for looking and ask questions!

Attachments

• 20190204_212109.jpg
    20190204_212109.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 1,271
  • 20190204_212120.jpg
    20190204_212120.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190204_212103.jpg
    20190204_212103.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 74
That does not look like a Proof barrel. I have 5, and have shot about 25 others.
Maybe a Christensen Arms barrel? New or take off? No markings on it that I can see.
Any pictures of the whole rifle, not just close ups of the scope?
Any more specs?
Barrel length and twist?
Which Timney? 512, 510, Hunter, Calvin Elite? Looks like probably 512?
Action trued?

Last edited:
I bought the barrel off of a member on here as a proof research barrel that came off of a "Lone Peak receiver-which is m700 threads and the break is a Titanium Side baffle Slayer". After some research on Proof Research vs Christensen Arms barrels and that Christensen Arms uses this break, I believe you may be correct. I will have to measure/verify what I think is the twist rate tonight and post it. I don't want to shove my foot in my mouth like this again. Action is not trued. Yes, timney 512 trigger. I will also measure barrel length and take more pictures.

Not understanding a custom barrel and not trueing up the action. Kinda defeats the purpose of replacing the barrel. So how did the head spacing line up? From my experience you just can't take one barrel off of one gun and put it on another and call it good.

Headspace hasn't been an issue. I had my local Smith do all the work. He told me he used an oversized lug and milled it down to get the proper headspace. He did not touch the bolt face.

That does not look like a Proof barrel. I have 5, and have shot about 25 others.
Maybe a Christensen Arms barrel? New or take off? No markings on it that I can see.
Any pictures of the whole rifle, not just close ups of the scope?
Any more specs?
Barrel length and twist?
Which Timney? 512, 510, Hunter, Calvin Elite? Looks like probably 512?
Action trued?
Definitely not a proof I'm on my third it does not have the wrap pattern a proof does