Custom pig rifle ..finally after 2 years....

Porker

Hello gang...

On the 27/09/2012 I started a thread while still in South Africa for advice from ya all on this project ... with great response and good input ...well finally having relocated to Australia and the rifle built in the US, it finally arrived a few months ago and now only have I scoped the rifle ... and here she is:

Ruger Alaskan stainless LH which started life as a 375 Ruger and rebarreled to 338WM, blue printed, 22" barrel, brush finish, limbsaver with mercury recoil reducer installed and unusal "green mountain" variation on the laminated stock (Ruger says there was some of those due to different suppliers) ... all done by Wayne from American Hunting Rifles ...hoping to shoot her soon.

Could not find a LH, stainless, camo or laminated stock combo from any supplier. Well ..not in a reasonable meduim weight caliber. My first and last custom rifle ... its gonna be a keeper, built primarily to shoot a 210g NP:D

So greatful for this rifle and sharing it with the forum after all this time.

Attachments

• LRH1.jpg
    LRH1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 221
  • LRH2.jpg
    LRH2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 196
  • LRH3.jpg
    LRH3.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 198
thanks for being honest! I suppose the other 300+ viewers didn't wanna hurt my feelings!:D

The combination of the laminate was a risk ... I had to return the first attempt because of quality issues ... there are matching colours in the stock and scope ... but not the same pattern ....

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.