• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Light weight 300 WSM

BountyHunter

Just had third neck operation this last year, now have torn rotator and day of the magnums is long over.

300 WSM, 26" Lilja SS barrel in 1-10 twist #3 contour, trued and blueprinted 700 action with PTG fluted bolt, handle and Sako extractor.

Defensive Edge side bolt release and Holland heavy recoil lug.

Stock is Bruce Baer Thumbhole sporter in #2 profile in butternut. Stock weight is 2 1/2 bls. This thumbhole comes up super quick and directly inline.

Round count is right at 240

This is a very accurate and light gun that shoots out to 600-800 yards or so with no clicks. I have killed deer at just over 600 with this setup. I took a coyote at 710 in November.

Shoots 168 gr Barnes TTSX into little bitty holes with RL17 at 3150 fps. Weighs 8.5 lbs with rifle, scope, sling and loaded. Not a super light sheep rifle, but easy carry gun. Put a Manners Elite stock and cut 1 lb off the weight.

IMO the TTSX work geat on deer and give plenty of expansion along with more than decent BC and accuracy. They are not super high dollar bullets that require a special twist and I can buy all I want from sinclairs, grafs or midway.

Scope is a super clear and bright Kahles 3-9X with the TDS. This scope is one of the clearest out there. The TDS is like all ballistic reticles it is designed to work off max power.

Here is the secret though. Get the Exbal program (Nightforce sells it under their name too). It has a reticle tool that allows you to adjust the scope operating power from the max power. You must know the distance in inches between each aiming point at max power. That is the essential element along with an accurate MV. Call the tech dept at Burris, Nikon, Swarovski, Leupold, Kahles etc, and they can give it to you. They all work the same so it applies to any of the ballistic reticles.

In this case I worked the POI for each crosshair at 6x, 7x, 8x and 9x as I only had a 3-9X. Used a 200 yard zero. That leaves me little over 1.6 high at 100, so pretty sure I am not going to miss the deer with that. Used white label maker tape on the side of the stock for durability and easy to see. **** getting old is crappy.

If you enlarge the pic below you can see the distances for each crosshair at each of the powers. It is accurate reliable and super fast with that thumbhole stock. The thumbhole comes up superfast and directly online and I love them.

Gun, bases and rings is $1300 with dies, and brass, maybe box and half of bullets shipped and insured to your FFL as long as they take from an individual.

Gun, with scope, dies, box and half of bullets and brass is $1900 shipped and insured to your FFL as long as they take from and individual.

ONLY trades might be SEB rest (NEO or Maxi) yeah right on the SEB but you never know
smiley.gif

email me at [email protected]

Last edited: