Custom Hunting Rig

Herschel34

New member here, but long time reader.

I was hoping to get some opinions on a custom hunting rig I am looking to have built. I have narrowed it down to the GA Precision Non-typical or Borden Alpine. It will be chambered in 300 WSM and I am left handed.

So do you guys have any recs on which way to go?

Will the Defiance or Borden action be better for a hunting rig?

Thanks

Been awhile since your post but curious as to what you went with.... And why?

I had the same question for my next build and went with the Borden...but I still want a Defiance!!! So many nice actions...I want one or two of everything!!

You'll be happy with either action. 300 WSM is a great caliber. I'd go with McM stock and either Krieger, Bartlein, or Hart barrel.

Yes sir...thats what I was advised/did..Mcm stock w hart #4, J trigger....Now the wait has begun....this is like being a kid waiting for christmas morning...meantime I am trying to stay occupied...lol

I know how you feel, we are going to Arkansas to shoot a few pigs this spring, just waiting on a few Barrels.

You guys should just drive a little further south..down here to Texas and hunt those little pest out of the helicopters...haven't done it myself yet ...cause I could not make the last trip with my buddies...this past Jan...but they had a blast. I was sorry I issued it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.