Custom Howa 1500 Good and Safe Buy?

If it does what you want buy it. At 350 the action alone is well worth it along with the stock. It is unlikely that a hunting rifle has a shot out bore. Most guns that have above average recoil get shot very little. In fact most don't have the barrel fully broken in before they are sold the first time.
As far as the trigger. The trigger assembly is a 1 screw assembly that fits into a machined slot. The rifle wouldn't fire if assembled wrong. Slam fire or most other accidental discharge is a reason to have a competent smith look at it. Again at 350 buy it you will get your money back.

On the timney in this gun it seemed as though there was a take up screw and a lb/oz trigger adjustment screw both with a locking hex nut

What's the bump for? Are you waiting for more people to say it's a good deal?

Even if you don't want it, buy it and resell it for $200 more. I would have had this home so fast it would make your head spin.

Then again, I have several Vanguards including one in 300WSM, so I'd have no qualms about it.

..so fast it would make your head spin.

Then again, I have several Vanguards including one in 300WSM, so I'd have no qualms about it.

Same here.

I also have a Vanguard in 300 WSM though I have replace the barrel with a Pac-Nor, Timney trigger. and B&C stock. Shoots even better now

Same here.

I also have a Vanguard in 300 WSM though I have replace the barrel with a Pac-Nor, Timney trigger. and B&C stock. Shoots even better now

Heck...I have a S&W 1500 (made by Howa) and screwed on a Benchmark barrel (with a threaded muzzle brake)...same as above with same stock and same trigger...and shoots very well.

Heck...I have a S&W 1500 (made by Howa) and screwed on a Benchmark barrel (with a threaded muzzle brake)...same as above with same stock and same trigger...and shoots very well.

Yes the S&W 1500 is made my Howa. I've never seen one in person but Vanguard/Howa stocks and Timneys trigger fit AFAIK.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.