Custom gunsmith recommendation

Ya
pierce engineering x 3 great to work with and great shooting.

I see a lot of recommendations for dallas lane. Would love to hear the "why" might be worth noting for the future
I think you hit right one here. I had a few customs built by smiths with great reputations and was very disappointed, not by the end product as they were very nice but by the lack of communication and lack of interest or guidance from them. Second was the turn around time.
Peirce was a last ditch attempt to have a ultra light hunting rig that shot. Communication was amazing every time I called I got answers. He had no problem with changes along the way. And best part was from start to finish it took 3 months and that was mostly on my end holding things up with parts.
They also stand by the product. My 6.5 is several years old and I had a self inflicted issue. Returned it to Peirce and when I went to pick it up he said no charge.
So those are the things that make them great to me. Also they shoot amazing.

Dave Tooley is out east here in NC on the pamlico, he has a pretty great reputation and has done some lite work for me, totally satisfied.
There is something nice about establishing a good working relationship with your gunsmith. I am fortunate that there is no shortage of reputable gunsmith in Montana. I have access to about 8 of them in an hour's drive, one of which is 2 miles from my house. My go to gunsmith since 2003 is <30 miles out of town.

There are a lot of very good precision rifle builders out there. Personally, Jim See will build all my rifles. He built my first about 11 yrs ago and just rebuilt it the other day. It started as a 7 SAUM and it's now a 25 SST. Jim is a great guy to talk with and he's a very competitive shooter. http://eliteaccuracy.com/

Mike Davis of Davis Custom Rifle and Machine. His long range bench rifles have set close to 30 IBS records.
He builds great hunting rifles.

Hi folks,

Long time lurker here. I hunt out west in NE and am looking at a custom build.

Thinking of going with predator action and a carbon wrapped barrel.

Any recommendations?

Thank you
Shaw Barrels. Bridgeville, Pa. Excellent Custom riflese