Custom gunsmith recommendation

A precision chamber reamer company in Wisconsin recommend a Gunsmith in Crofton, NA. Jim Carlson 402-388-4844. He replaced a barell for me and the rifle shoots very well.

A precision chamber reamer company in Wisconsin recommend a Gunsmith in Crofton, NE. Jim Carlson 402-388-4844. He replaced a barell for me and the rifle shoots very well. A new presion Rifle builder moved into my area and I have not used Mr Carlson again.

Correction to the last post.

LOL - do you mean Nebraska - NE is out west? From Oregon - we think you are way East. :)
Well... North Western Nebraska, 100 miles from WY. Has Mule deer, Antelope and the Elk have started moving in, so feels west to this Tarheel!

Over my manny years of hunting and shooting and manny
Custom rifles my last one is the best. It goes against all the ideas I had about what makes a rifle a good shooter. I spend a lot of money for carbon wrapped Ti action carbon stock all the good stuff. A long barrel 26 inch or no less than 24 a high dollar scope Nightforce is one of my favorite I have over twenty of them. All of them shot 1/2 inch or less manny different calibers. So it all comes down to what what are you going to hunt. The best rifle I ever had built is a New Ultra Light Arms it comes in
about 5 lbs with the scope and a 20 inch # one barrel. Old story light rifles are hard to shoot is not true you just have to learn to shoot them. In two years of hunting with shoot four big mule deer in Montana all the were between 212yds and 300yds all one shot kills. The ultra arms are not cheep but the rifle you are thinking about will not be either I know in won't be as fun to hunt with I have tried almost all.

I think the term long range is different. Even my light guns shoot great to 500. It's when you get out farther it make it hard.

Call Dan Glover of Dan's Custom Guns. His number is 919-604-1651. He lives just north of Raleigh, NC and has built numerous custom rifles for members here including Donald Trump, Jr.

I have two by them and they are not what I would say are true customs.
Plus I had some issues with communication with them. First one had a wrong twist for what I needed but also somewhat my fault I requested a twist they would recommend with only heavies one mind and I got standard 10 twist which limited me. Again not 100 percent on them either. Second was a 6.5 creed great rifle and good price but not a true custom in my book.
I too had a rifle built by ER Shaw, that was the last time ill use them and they're only 15 miles from home.

Darrell Holland is awesome. www.hollandgunsmithing.com. He's built me a 22-250 w/1& 8 twist that drives tacks w/a 77 grain bullet. He also teaches long range hunting as well. Go to his website
I talked to darrell about a custom build a few years back, he was more interested in selling me his ideas than listening to what I wanted. He ended the conversation by saying, send me 2500$ and I'll do your build. I didn't feel like he wanted bothered by something other than his ideas.

Lots of great smiths mentioned. Some specialize in certain types of builds. Do your homework, talk to a few about your build and get it started.. Have fun with it and get your build the way you want it.

Be careful one will lead to a safe full of them!

Try Best of the West in Cody, WY. Defiance action, proof barrel, trigger tech trigger, and custom carbon fiber stock.