Custom gunsmith recommendation

Hi folks,

Long time lurker here. I hunt out west in NE and am looking at a custom build.

Thinking of going with predator action and a carbon wrapped barrel.

Any recommendations?

Thank you
I like to price shop, and see what's out there. I've had very good luck with Long Rifles Inc. (LRI). You can find them here: Long Rifles Inc - Pricing Page Only reason I'm posting, is I've had a couple of other builds that went to custom shops, and while there I got hit with many unexpected costs.

Nine Gun Run in GA
Mike Deloch he very precise in his work
I have had 2 Xp 100 built buy him smooth
as glass. A 28 Nosler and a 6 XC
In plans to have him build big bore 404 Jeffrey

KW Precision.....you won't be disappointed. Arguably one of the best in country.

A few recommendation for you:
Misery Custom Rifles- Goes by arrow on here, older thread attached for contact info. He build my 6x47 Lapua that is an absolute hammer.
20200625_192350.jpg

Denny Powell-Powell Custom Rifles, San Patricio NM. He doesn't have a web page or social media. If you want his contact number pm me. 300 PRC
20201124_183324.jpg

I have had several rifles built and have had minor issues with all but one builder. Garret Preece. Preece Precision gets my vote. Great turn around and all the accuracy you would expect.

some of the issues I have had with other builders:

I asked for a McMillan Hunter, got a McMillan Remington Hunter (I source my own parts now)

Asked for bead blasted barrel, got a cerakote barrel.

Asked for cerakote barrel and raw stainless action, got all cerakote

asked for freebore to shoot a specific bullet, got the standard reamer with way too short freebore.

next time asked for specific freebore, forgot to add the freebore.

So I say whoever you choose, be specific, source your own parts while getting input from your smith.

I've personally used several gunsmiths and found a few that are great to work with:

Ryan Hunt of Hunts Long Range
Bart Baldwin of Baldwin Gunworx
Moon at Crescent Customs
GA Precision

I haven't had Travis Stevens do any work for me yet, but I knew him back when he was in gunsmithing school and he knows the ins and outs of his craft. Those that I know who have worked with him were very satisfied.