• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Dumoulin Mauser 98 in 6.5x55

jgraham01

SPF

Up for sale is a custom built Dumoulin Mauser 98 large ring action with a 6.5x55 caliber 23-inch Douglas premium barrel in sporting configuration and a Bell and Carlson Mauser 98 sporting stock with cheekpiece and full-length aluminum bedding block. The stock is dark brown with black webbing and a 1-inch Pachmayr black recoil pad. Stock was painted in a nice camo pattern recently. The action, barrel, stock, new B-Square hex head action screws, new Dakota Arms 3-position safety, new Timney Trigger and a new Superior Shooting Speedlock Firing Pin Kit by Tubbs was sent to Gunsmith John King of Kila, MT. He faced off the front of the action, milled an 11-degree target crown on the muzzle, lapped the bolt lugs, smoothed the action, installed and headspaced the barrel, installed a new magazine spring, installed the new safety and trigger, glass bedded the stock and free floated the barrel. The rifle was then shipped to Accurate Plating & Weaponry where they finished the metal in matte hard chrome. I have some of the workorder from John King, but not all of it, and I lost all other paperwork on this build.

I purchased custom 1-inch Quick Detachable scope rings from Sunny Hill Enterprise, which require no mounts, and installed a Swarovski 3-9X36 scope with Butler Creek scope caps and a Scopecoat cover. Also have the scope box, an Allen butt cuff that holds 9 rounds and a black Safari Sling.

The rifle has never been shot and the price includes everything listed above. All you need is ammo and you are ready to hunt. I have over $2600 invested into the rifle. Shipped is $1400 and local pickup in Springfield, Virginia is $1350. If shipped, must ship to an FFL and they must accept from a private person. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions and thanks.

Jerry

Last edited:

Recent Posts