custom bullets

huntinfool18

hey guys. i was thinking about starting up a custom bullet making business on the side. what kind of bullets would everybody be interested in. Type, cal, and weight? just to get an idea of what kind of dies i should get. right now im thinking im going to focus on high bc 338 cal bullets to start.

hey guys. i was thinking about starting up a custom bullet making business on the side. what kind of bullets would everybody be interested in. Type, cal, and weight? just to get an idea of what kind of dies i should get. right now im thinking im going to focus on high bc 338 cal bullets to start.
If you could come up with a high bc 338 that works in a range of velocities you will be on a sure winner with me at the front of the line to buy some, we need more good options in the 338 which is becoming more and more popular. The 6.5, 7mm and 30 cal are other cal sizes that I'd look at.
Keep us posted how you go!!

a good priced 325 or 350 grain high bc hunting bullet that can handle the speed of the 338 allen mag. ive been looking for one! good luck!

If you're looking for a niche, then 25 cal is probably the most overlooked by bullet manufacturers. I suppose there's a reason.

I'm a big 25cal fan. There will be some of those being made. Keep in mind I will be doing this all by hand so it may take a few months to get the process down and running correctly. So far first to come will be 338, 7mm, 6.5, 30, and then 25 and 6mm

I'm a big 25cal fan. There will be some of those being made. Keep in mind I will be doing this all by hand so it may take a few months to get the process down and running correctly. So far first to come will be 338, 7mm, 6.5, 30, and then 25 and 6mm
My 25-06 is a 1 in 12" and it barely gets along with 100gr bullets.

If I had a source for a bullet with a .550 BC or higher, then I'd strongly consider staying with a 25 cal and rebarreling to a 1 in 9".

Otherwise, I'll just shoot varmint bullets a while longer and eventually rebarrel to one of the 6.5's.

Good luck!!!
Richard

.375 is the caliber with the least options and the most promise for long range.

Im on it... another couple weeks, should be ready to go... ive already made and fired some, im just trying a few different things to see what works best before i start selling them...

doin .338 and .375 for starters, see where it takes me and go from there...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts