• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Built 30-06 on Model 70 Action WOW $750 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longelkrange

So a buddy of mine bought this off me, never shot it and now he wants to sell it.....I had it listed on here a few months ago and heres what I had......

Buddy needed some money so I ended up with a rifle he just had built 6 months ago. Built by a local gunmith in western PA. Built on a winchester model 70 action that was trued up, tuned factory trigger that breaks clean around 2.5#, a Lilja barrel chamber in 30-06 (overall length of barrel to end of muzzle brake is 28"), threaded and muzzle brake installed. All metal cerakoted in sniper grey. Internal box mag with Choate ultimate varmint stock. Rifle weighs 12.8# on bathroom scale.

He had around $1800 in all the smith work, barrel,stock, action, etc. The pictures are from the smith when he finished up and was shooting a few loads through the gun. The smith shot 165 gamekings and you can see it shoots some tiny groups with minimal load development. The only other rounds have been a box of federal prem 180s and those were just under a inch for 5 rounds. I am going to try and run a few handloads through it this week if I have time.

Looking for $1100 shipped/insured to your FFL

model70-1.jpg

model70-2.jpg

model70-3.jpg

Re: Custom Built 30-06 on Model 70 Action

And because everyone wants to know how a gun will shoot heres a few pictures. The small 3 shot group was from the gunsmith. I loaded a few groups with H4831sc and 178 amax. Loaded them to book length and shot them and included all the groups, I did no pick and choose which ones I wanted to show. Those are all of them I shot minus the sighters to dial the scope int.

That was the only load development I did. I wouldn't even call it load development but I wanted to shoot the gun to show it does have promise. I can't give you anymore on the accuracy of the rifle because its never really been shot. I would say the rifle has around 50 rounds down the barrel now.

model70 group.jpg

model 70 2.jpg

model 70 3.jpg

model group2.jpg

Re: Custom Built 30-06 on Model 70 Action

Thanks, want to buy it?

Mike Dean in New Castle PA

How would you rate Mike's work? I'm on the fence with getting some work done, but I don't know anything about him. He's the closest smith I know of.

Re: Custom Built 30-06 on Model 70 Action $940 shipped OBO

$900 shipped and insured

someone needs a new 30-06. Theres factory guns that sell more than this, come on I don't want to give this thing away.

Re: Custom Built 30-06 on Model 70 Action $900 shipped OBO

ONE FINAL PRICE DROP, $800 SHIPPED to your FFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.