custom build on Mossberg action?

dean winchester

Hey guys I'm a newb and just wanted to pick your brains. Iv got a Mossberg 100atr in 270 and I was wondering if any one had built or heard of a custom rifle off one of these.i was looking at mine the other day and it occurred to me that it looks like it might be a savage copy.

Hey guys I'm a newb and just wanted to pick your brains. Iv got a Mossberg 100atr in 270 and I was wondering if any one had built or heard of a custom rifle off one of these.i was looking at mine the other day and it occurred to me that it looks like it might be a savage copy.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Most semi-custom rifles are chosen for action and aftermarket support. The Remington 700 leads the way and Savage actions not too far behind. Savage however is hard to beat in the DIY department.

The Mossberg action might appear that it's a Savage copy but it does not have the same after market support. Having said that, I would not recommend the Mossberg as your action build, unless you're absolutely set as there are better choices out there. Do further research that meets your needs and budget. Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.