Custom build for a teenager?

Looking for some thoughts on a custom build for a teenage daughter. My daughter is almost 18 yrs old, 5'4", 85lbs and isn't going to get any bigger. Has anyone else built a rifle for a smaller person? What do you recommend for stock length?

For a small person, there are many things to consider to have the best of all things incorporated in a build. If you want to talk about it, I will be happy to make recommendation for you and your smith to put together what would fill her needs and be one of a kind (Personal for her).

PM me if you need any guidance/help.

J E CUSTOM

Wilson Combat Super Sniper in .308 Win. Fluted 20" barrel threaded for muzzle break/suppressor. Nighforce ATACR1 5X25X56 Scope.
20170824_075137~2.jpg
20170824_075222.jpg
Handload to her ability. Maybe get it hydrodipped like I did. 1/4 MOA out of the box.

Winchester compact rifles or stocks that can be ordered to custom lengths . Bell and Carlson among others can be ordered to fit without braking the bank

The thing about fitting stocks is until you feel what is right you don't know what is wrong, you can get behind most guns and make them work BUT your compromising, as a man if you go try a Weatherby Camilla or Savage Lady hunter on it's ABUNDANTLY clear a woman needs not just a smaller stock but a stock build for her. I do load development for a few of the true female stocked rifles and it's a serious struggle as a dude to run the rifle it's so out of whack for me but then you see the natural point of aim and recoil handling that happens when a woman shoulders them it almost defies logic that they fit so nice.

You could go with the Thompson Center Contender or Encore platforms. They are perfect for developing her shooting by keeping the platform consistent, but changing barrels and calibers for the situation. They're super accurate, you just can't over drive them like a bolt gun.

Looking for some thoughts on a custom build for a teenage daughter. My daughter is almost 18 yrs old, 5'4", 85lbs and isn't going to get any bigger. Has anyone else built a rifle for a smaller person? What do you recommend for stock length?
My experience with women and girl shooters is they take a much simpler approach than most men, and adapt easily to whatever they're given to shoot. My teenage daughter is about the sam height and found standard LOP Remingtons about right, quickly adapting to my 270, 300WM, and 338. She also finds the Weatherby Mk V comfortable and isn't bothered by either the 300 or 340. All these have roughly 13 1/2" LOP. Enjoy your times together.

Measure the length from the crook of her elbow ( inside of arm) to her first knuckle on her bent trigger finger- firing position .....you will be incredibly close to what's required!

Model 7 Remington 7 mm -08 my sister is about the same size and she loves it ... 140 accubonds over Varget very potent...

Look at a Weatherby Camilla and have her hold it and see how it fits, it's designed for females and it absolutely was a game changer for my daughter, I can't hardly hold it but it fits her like a glove!! I'm a huge advocate of getting especially females the right stock and balance to their rifle as it's a game changer and builds confidence right out of the gate!!
I was going to custom build my daughter a rifle till she tried one of these on and I realized I'd just be throwing money away building what already exists, though some day I'm going to have the stock duplicated in nicer wood for her.
Look into Savage they also make rifles just for the ladies.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.