Custom Action Recommendation

If you are trying to save some $$, you will be better of with a Savage or Rem and a professionally chambered Krieger/Batlien/Broughton/ext. than a custom action and a pre fit.
Hard to find a left handed action. I have built more savages then I can remember right now and use ptg trying tools and CBC lug and nut. Prefits eliminate the Smith process, which I don't. I do all my own work except barrel spinning and fluting processes

What is it about the long peak compared to the pierce that you prefer. I've heard great things about both company's. But hearing less and less about pierce in the past couple years.
I have shot 3 rifles built on Pierce TI actions.
1 full Cerakote
1 Cerakote action w. Nitride bolt
1 full Nitride
Each one of them seemed to get sticky bolt lift and moderate levels. No other signs of pressure. And moderate speeds for the cartridge/bullet/powder combo. The full Nitride was better, but still got sticky at mid-range loads with the TI bolt on TI action.

Every Lone Peak TI action I have shot has been great. I have shot 6 rifles built on Lone Peak TI actions. Some full Cerakote, some w. Nitride, and even one in the white. Both the Razor TI and Fuzion TI. SA and LA, mag and standard. 6CM, 6.5SS, 6.5SAUM, 7RM, and two 28 Noslers. All shot loads that started showing pressure on the brass with the smoothest of bolt lifts. Final.loads were all buttery smooth. I am so impressed, I am building my second personal rifle with one.

I recently built a PRS rifle in 6.5x47L using the Bighorn TL3 with a Criterion barrel using the Savage style nut. Mounting the barrel took less then 10 minutes using go, no-go gauge. It functions/feeds perfectly and the performance of the set-up is comparable to my most accurate shouldered customs. With the volumes I shoot for in PRS it's nice to avoid the wait and inconvenience of having a gunsmith re-barrel. I'll soon be ordering a second Bighorn in LA for a LRH rile build I planning.
View attachment 134453 View attachment 134454

I have the same thing in 243 win match and it is a hammer. Shooting in the .2's and 3's regularly with the 110 SMK's. I ordered a SR3 with the wyatt box cut and a mcmillan game warden stock. I plan to do a lighter weight 280 ai/300 win mag switch barrel setup up with proof shouldered prefits. Love my bighorns!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts