• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom 870

gremcat

Picked this up about 4 years ago. It's the long magazine tube model that had been setup for 3 Gun back when pumps where used. It's had some basic work done to internals if I recall. It's Cerakoted FDE including the HD non choked barrel. Has an Endine Hydraulic Buffer, Mesa Tactial adapter to a Magpul stock, FDE Ergo Grip, Magpul forend, upgraded follower, Nordic systems 1 or 2 round extension, Mesa tactical side saddle, etc.

Here's where it gets interesting. I bought a turkey barrel with chokes and then a rifled slug barrel with open sights and discovered this was the extended tube and they wouldn't fit. On an 870 the band under the barrel is used to seat the barrel. I have a good friend who's a smith and asked him to figure it out. He machines a tapered aluminum (I think) spacer and coated it black. That allows the 870 to use the standard or long tube style. HD barrels.

I never knew they made a long tube but it turns out the military or LE had experienced Jams with the screw on extension and shells hanging up. Have maybe shot this 5 rounds since I bought it and I moved so it sat with my Smith for 3 years or more. The turkey and slug barrel aren't cerakoted to match. The Turkey barrel is a bronze finish of some kind that appears to be pretty hard. Guessing a factory finish of some kind but not sure. Will need to verify what chokes I have, think the factory choke and the extended "Strut Stopper" or whatever the aftermarket style with the muzzle brake style holes is called.

Way too much into it to recoup but it was bought to help someone out who needed money and didn't compete anymore then I got into it as a project.

Thinking $1000 which is a lot for an 870 until you add up just components and barrels alone.

Trades of all kinds are interesting. Have a lefty son who wants to hunt, glass for precision shooting, Leica RF, SXS 20 gauge, backackable revolver like a S+W Or Ruger SRH in 44 or 357, CZ 550,452,453, or 527, CRF model 70s, or Precision Rifle components, Sakos, or Tikka Superlights, Tanger Rugers cash on either side is fine.

https://imgur.com/a/jZTcfpg

Could also split it and sell or trade the 870 with cerakoted HD barrel and spacer for $750 and sell the standard Turkey and slug barrel after

Or I could throw in a bunch of shells/slugs of various brands, I'd have to get a count and brand list. I bought all the slugs as a package and there were Hornady and others in small packs,