• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 700, 300Wby, Kreiger, Russo

DanielLudwig

This is my "1000yd Deer Rifle". Never got to stretch it out passed 600, but rifle is very capable. 700LA started life as a ADL synthetic, trued and converted to single shot. Barrel is Krieger #19 28.5" 1-10, chambered by Curtis Moore at TAC Rifles, Curt was a student of Clay Spencer and does very fine work. Reamer was a new PTG, made for me, no freebore, throated for 208 Amax. He also installed a Ross Schuler brake. Stock was made for me by Joel Russo, its an A3/5(no butthook)black/black laminate finished by a dear friend of mine in auto clear. Curt bedded the action with Bysonite, and made a custom bushing for the front screw, which is also bedded into the stock. It wears a black aluminum BAT trigger guard and has a single front stud. The Length of pull is very short as I am 5'6 and heavy set. Rifle shoots much better than I am capable of shooting. The rifle is simply beyond my current hunting ranges and my personal shooting abilities. Bare rifle is all I am willing to sell, price is $1800.

The stock I made Daniel was a combination of an A-5 front and an A-3 rear. The LOP was 13.25 with a 1" Decelerator. If the LOP is on the short side for a prospective buyer, I will install a .250" black spacer for a nominal fee.

I will post pics ASAP. Thanks to Joel, if anyone here ever gets the chance to work with him, I highly recommend it, great guy and amazing craftsman.