custom 7 WSM chamber

DudeBro

I am doing a custom 7 WSM build that will be based around a Lone Peak Razor Ti medium action (3.2" max internal length). My plan is to have the GS chamber with extra freebore to take full advantage of the longer bullets (e.g., Berger 195/180, Hornady/Nosler 175s). For those who did this, would you be able to tell me what your freebore length came out to? Or what cartridge base to ogive length you load to?

Last edited:
I built a custom throated 7 wsm last year, it was cut with a standard reamer but I sent a few dummy rounds to have it throated for 195's.
I'm seating them right at 3.2" and am getting 2850 from a 22" barrel with RL26.

Its the most accurate rifle I've owned, and the best 7mm out there in my opinion.
Let me know if you need any brass, I have a few extra boxes for sale

I built a custom throated 7 wsm last year, it was cut with a standard reamer but I sent a few dummy rounds to have it throated for 195's.

Its the most accurate rifle I've owned, and the best 7mm out there in my opinion.
Let me know if you need any brass, I have a few extra boxes for sale
Mine will be a 22" proof CF barrel as well. Who built yours?

I'm interested in the brass, but with only 3 posts so far, I don't think I can PM you. I'd also be interested in buying 1 or 2 195s from you (and 175/180s as well) to build dummy rounds. Maybe you can start the PM conversation since I can't?

Mine will be a 22" proof CF barrel as well. Who built yours?

I'm interested in the brass, but with only 3 posts so far, I don't think I can PM you. I'd also be interested in buying 1 or 2 195s from you (and 175/180s as well) to build dummy rounds. Maybe you can start the PM conversation since I can't?
Sure thing
I can't send you a pm but If you feel comfortable maybe post your contact info and delete it after I contact you

Who built your custom rig? Who throated the barrel? How much magic dust (RL26) is it taking to push the 195 pills out at 2850?

It's a Benchmark 9 twist, I was in a hurry and had them chamber and fit it to my action.
They do good work but they're pricey!
Without looking at my data it's around 65 grains, 12 loadings so far on my test brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.