• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

ifgator

E04DC1EA-3961-4FF3-A1A1-05A290E4F0EA.jpeg
9479E918-778A-4131-A5E7-36860112F11F.jpeg
026B0F76-6926-4070-B1BC-B244D5A10A05.jpeg
49627FC5-F46A-414E-97C1-F0614CB8DACD.jpeg
I had this 6.5 CM built in January 2017
I took very special care to break in the Barrel as GA Precision recommends. They didn't build this rifle but I used their recommendation. I broke it in with precision hunter 143 ELD-X and it shot like a dream as in I couldn't reload and expect better. Well 1 month later I had my world rocked with health issues and everything I had planned was ruined. Well I'm still battling and haven't even been able to work up a load. Now after seeing PRS style shooting I want a 6.5 CM set up for that. I want bigger barrel, DBM, and a stock with all the rails. That's why I'm selling it. Also I realize I have zero selling credibility so send me a message and I'll give you my number. I just mounted this scope 1 month ago and so I'm really not looking to sell it but I will if someone wants plug and play. I'll discount some but won't take a huge hit. Scope is $2200 from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Here's the build.
Stiller Predator Short action
Bartlein Barrel #3 1-8" twist and 26" long
McMillan A3 Sporter stock
Jewel trigger
Wyatt's our door magazine which allows you to load to the lands without limitation of magazine length. BDL.
Cerakoted black on the action and barrel.
Leupold VX6HD 4-24x52 34mm and I believe TMOAR reticle. I'll check.
20 MOA rail
Rounds:100-150. I think I'm overestimating but I'd rather do that.

Rifle only: $3k
Rifle and scope: $4,800 so that's a $400 hit on the scope. The rings are the Vortex precision match $150 rings.
I've never sold a rifle like this so if I'm way off just talk to me about it as I'm easy going as long a person isn't rude about it.

It look like I don't know how to post pics. I'll figure it out. For now text Shaun at (208) 709-0845

Last edited:
If this rig was a lefty I would make you a offer on it! Free bump for a sweet setup

Man I need to look at my preferences as I didn't see these comments. Thanks for the bumps.

What is the weight of the rifle?
When my wife gets off work I'll have her get the rifle for me out of the basement. I know that sounds lazy but my legs don't work very well right now. Anyway I'll weigh it and then subtract the advertised weight of scope and rings. I've never weighed it but my guess is around 8 pounds.

Alright change of plans. I'm going to use my resources on top glass and lots of gun powder
I figure if I do another build I risk losing most of 2018. Since I already lost most of 2017 then I don't want to miss 2018. Thanks for taking the time.

I've searched all over looking for a way to mark sold/expired. Went to google and found out I'm not the only one having a problem and option isn't available.

Last edited:
Wish this would of been up 2 months ago before I started a build would of been all over it

Wish this would of been up 2 months ago before I started a build would of been all over it
Thank you I take that as a compliment. This was my first build and I had to ask my gunsmith a few dumb questions at first but I did my homework and I think it came together pretty good IMO. The one thing I wish I would have done is thread it for a muzzle break. When my gunsmith asked if I wanted that I literally laughed. See I'm spoiled because even though my father in law wouldn't hand over a $20 dollar bill……he is a hunting fanatic and takes me all over the world hunting including dangerous game. So not only am I use to shooting large rifles but with all the professional hunters and guides complaining about getting their ears shot out with muzzle breaks I became anti muzzle break. Now that I'm wanting to do long range and PRS type shooting I see the wisdom. We have hearing protection on anyway so it doesn't matter and then get the benefit of staying on target easier.

Anyway mboswell17 if you want to pm me I'd like to learn about the build you are doing. I think sorting out the options is fun.