Custom 338 RUM Borden Rifle, Mcmillan stock

dariuszczyszczon

I just picked up my first custom gun about 2 weeks. Up to this time I've been shooting a savage 7 rem ultra mag. I wanted to get into a more accurate long range rifle. So after diligently searching i found a 338 RUM which was built by Borden rifles. It has a McMillan A5 stock pillar bedded with adjustable cheek piece, timberline action, jewell trigger, 10 twist , krieger barrell and a 20 moa rail.

Its a heavy gun especially when you compare it to the 7 rum almost double the weight. The trigger breaks at 2 lbs very nice and crisp. I put a temporary scope on it just so i can break it in. In the process of looking for a nightforce 8x32 to put on top of it.

I took it out to the range at pawnee yesterday which is only about 40 min from my house in Windsor. The weather was perfect no wind at all and about 55 degrees. I did the recommend break in and then shot some groups but only used store bought ammo. I was surprised on how well this gun shoots. Being a 338 rum it has less recoil than my 7 rum i was very happy. The group size were not bad compared to factory ammo. So now the gun gets delivered to my buddy in sterling Colorado to get load development done on it.

We have an unwritten rule here.... . If you're gonna brag about the new rig POST PICTURES so we can all drool!

Sounds like a really nice rig for your part of the country. Eastern CO certaily has some country built for very long range shooting.

Sorry about the delay here a picture of my completed rig.

Attachments

• DSCF2582.JPG
    DSCF2582.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 107
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.