• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom .308 Win - McMillan, Rock Creek, Phoenix machine, seekins

jowens

Relisting, thought I had the rifle sold:

The action is a Straightshot Gunsmithing Pre-Defiance, Phoenix Machine action with the target port, extended tenon, heavy tang, M-16 extractor, and a side bolt release, featuring a correctly timed PT&G bolt with the tactical bolt knob, recessed bolt nose, and shallow fluting.

These actions are Defiance actions, before the name change. Glen Harrison was and still is the owner of this action company. Not sure why the name change, but even before the name change, they were building Templar actions for GAP. This action is super nice.

Barrel is a Rock Creek MTU contour, cut to 24" with a 11.25" twist.

Stock is a non-adjustable McMillan A-5, sniper fill, with two left side flush cups, one rear flush cup, and two front swivel studs.

The detachable bottom metal and scope base are both Seekings Precision.

It has been pillar and skim bedded.

Its been Cerakoted in Armor Black.

Timney 510 Optional

There is one small scratch in the cerakote beside the safety and some dings around the trigger hanger (not visible with trigger installed).

Rifle weighs 12lbs on bathroom scale. I can get a more accurate weight if desired.

Comes with one magazine.

Round count is right @ 400.

Rifle shoots outstanding. 155 Scenars, 155 Hybrids, 168 VLD's, 168 Hybrids, all shoot extremely well behind varget. I will provide load data for the buyer. The rifle will push the 155's 2950 (high accuracy node) and will send the 168's 2750-2800fps (high node). It will push both faster without pressure, but the accuracy is at these speeds. Rifle always shoots 1/2" or better and shoots in the .2's and .3's regularly, when i do my part.

I will throw in a partial box of 155 hybrids, partial box of 155 scenars, and partial box of168 Hybrids for the buyer as well. I will also throw in some 3X fired Lapua brass that i've been using for this rifle and a RCBS .308 Win Seating die.

2700 Shipped to your FFL from an individual with the Timney
2600 Shipped to your FFL from an individual without Timney trigger

Cashiers check or USPS Money Order with time to clear is my preferred payment method. Can meet FTF for buyers around TN. Willing to help with delivery to reasonable distances. If local, we can also shoot it.