Custom 300WIN pix by SSG

308 nate

Upon request here are some pix from a rifle I recently built for a fellow long range hunting member. I will also list the specs.

Remington 700 LA with my complete acurizing package which included reaming raceway to .705. single point recutting receiver face, threads, and locking embuttments. Then installing a PTG .7035 bolt (with Sako extractor) which I helical fluted and attached bolt handle. also a Holland recoil lug was used which I dual pinned. Receiver and bolt were finished with K-G Kote in titanium grey. Remington trigger super tuned to a crisp 1-3/4 lbs.

I installed a Krieger barrel which I straight fluted with 8- 5/16" flutes and chambered in .300 WIN MAG match. Barrel and brake were finished ina bead blast finish.

Then my X-treme "V" port brake was installed.

The barreled action was pillar bedded in a Manner stock MCS-T2 non adjustable stock.

Kwik Klip bottom metal.

Here are the pixs...enjoy the rifle Jeff! Very good choice of components

jp2.jpg

jp7.jpg

jp5.jpg

jp6.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty looking rifle. I think the brake is my favorite part. Congrats Jeff!

I think you'll be hearing from me around tax return time Nate...

Nate, if you don't mind, do you know what barrel contour that is and the approximate weight of the whole rig? It's very similar to a build I've been contemplating.

If my memory serves me right it is a #17 heavy varmint.
I didn't put it on a scale, but my guess would be in the 12# range without optics or mounts.

Thanks,
308nate

Nate,
thank you soooooo very much 4 posting pictures she is AWESOME,sure hope i can match my shooting to her great build and looks.
guys i'll give a range report thats a Given!!!! thanks for the good comments. regards jjmp:D:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.