Custom 300 WSM

wildbillwjs

I'm looking at having a custom rifle made, and I know this has probably been done before, but just wanting pros and cons of each. I'm looking at getting a 5.5-7# rifle and looking at McWhorter, New Ultralight, and Rifles Inc., any other suggestions would be welcomed.

TIA

Dr. Vette
thanks for the good word:)

All the brands you listed are awesome, I do like my McWhorters, I have 3, only selling this one because its new and I am having another McWhorter built, Any of those you listed though wont disappoint, if I were not getting a McWhorter I would get another MG arms rifle.
Good Luck

Dale,

No problem.
One of my hunting buddies has a McWhorter and it's an incredible rifle. The other hunting buddy is wanting to buy one but already has a 300.

At the price you have listed it's a steal. If I didn't have too many rifles already I'd be interested too.

either of the others are great, rifles inc and forbes both make a light weight rifle, just beware, when you go below 7# in a 30caliber rifle, brake or not your touching off a 30cal rifle. The stock designs help a lot but they still have some bite:D

either of the others are great, rifles inc and forbes both make a light weight rifle, just beware, when you go below 7# in a 30caliber rifle, brake or not your touching off a 30cal rifle. The stock designs help a lot but they still have some bite:D

Yep.
I suspect you'll want a brake with the 300WSM in a NULA rifle or Rifles Inc rifle. I don't think you'll need it with the McWhorter.

Why? It's just a little bit heavier and that will make all the difference. My hunting partner's 300 is a Christensen arms at less than 5 1/2 pounds before scope. It's not bad at all with his muzzle brake. He doesn't want to shoot it without the brake though.

Also note that the lighter they are the harder it is to shoot longer distance. You get a LOT more wobble as well as bumping from your heart beats. Trust me - I've shot his rifle a few times and would rather shoot my Sendero at long distances because it doesn't wiggle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.