• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 300 Win Mag...

DoubleGobble00

Up for sale is a custom long range hunting rig. If you want to get into long range shooting or hunting this is your gun. It easily shoots 1/4 to 1/2 MOA. I have shot 3-4 inch groups and less at 800 yards. I need to fund another gun project so this one needs to go.

Specification:
Blueprinted/trued Sako L691 action
Obermeyer medium heavy fluted barrel (1-11 twist i believe)
Recessed button crown
Joel Russo Laminate stock, clearcoated/wet sanded shiny finish
Pillar bedding with large pillars
Custom adjustable check piece
Limbsaver recoil pad
Trigger adjusted to around 1 lb (has not been measured but real light trigger)
30 MOA picatinny rail

**Scope, rings, and bipod are not included**

Stock was cracked before I bought the gun. It was fixed by inserting a metal pin and glueing/sealing the area. The colors were matched and then clear coated. See pictures for details. I have had this gun for 2 years since the crack and never had any problems with it. You can't even notice it is there but I want the buyer to have full knowledge of the rifle before purchase. Only other spots on the rifle is a couple small places were I wet sanded through the clear coat but nothing drastic.

Guns007.jpg

Guns009.jpg

Guns012.jpg

100-yard groups... Easily less than 1/2 MOA. Have shot group out to around 800 yards in 3-4 inch groups using VV560 at 78 grains, 168 grain berger VLDs, 215 federal primers, and winchester brass that was running about 3300-3400 fps.
BestGroup003.jpg

BestGroup2001.jpg

Asking $1100 shipped to your FFL or $1050 face to face. I am in the Jackson area.

Contact me at: 601.248.3801 or [email protected]

DoubleG

Hello, I would be interested in knowing these things.

1: round count

2: weight

3: varify twist and barrel length

4: have you ever shot 210 bergers in it?

Thanks!

Jeff

James Jones from this site can give you more info on the gun. I bought it from James and traded it to DG for some cameras. I had a local paint shop clear the gun, but that was all I did other than help DG work up a load before he got into reloading. The gun shoots very well, at least my 800 yard gong thinks so. I know DG smacked it many times with this gun.

Hello, I would be interested in knowing these things.

1: round count

2: weight

3: varify twist and barrel length

4: have you ever shot 210 bergers in it?

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for you interest. I have put about 100-150 rounds through the gun with the 168 grain berger VLDs and BT. Both shot very well. I will PM James Jones to see what his round count was if he remembers. I will weight the gun on a scale tonight to get the weight and will verify the twist with a rod and clean patch tonight. I have never shot the 210 bergers in this gun but have been wanting to try them. Berger recommends a 11 twist for the 210 bergers.

DoubleG

Jeff,

Thanks for you interest. I have put about 100-150 rounds through the gun with the 168 grain berger VLDs and BT. Both shot very well. I will PM James Jones to see what his round count was if he remembers. I will weight the gun on a scale tonight to get the weight and will verify the twist with a rod and clean patch tonight. I have never shot the 210 bergers in this gun but have been wanting to try them. Berger recommends a 11 twist for the 210 bergers.

DoubleG

Thanks DoubleG, I will be watching for more info.

Jeff

Jeff,

Sorry for the delay. I had to bring the wife out to eat tonight and just got home. I weighted the rifle by just holding it while I weight myself on the scale. It turned out to weight 10 pounds using that method. I took the action out of the stock and the barrel is stamped 1-11 twist. I measure the twist using the rod/patch method and got 11, 10.5, 11, 10.5 the four times I measured it. Since I had the action out of the stock I took a couple pictures of the large pillars. If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks

Guns021.jpg

Guns019.jpg

DoubleG (Zack)

Zach, I was hoping you were mistaken and it was a 10 twist. I know that Berger says 11 will shoot the 210's but I prefer a 10. You have an awesome rifle at a good price, I am sure it will sell soon.

Thanks for all the answers and your time.

Jeff

Pat,

I have put about 100-150 rounds through the gun with the 168 grain berger VLDs and BT. Both shot very well. I sent James Jones a PM and email to see what his round count was if he remembers. He has not been online a while so I may not receive an answer. I know that I cleaned it thoroughly after every trip to the range and was never put up dirty. I hope that helps.

DoubleG (Zack)

Yo DG, I am pretty sure that the barrel was only broken in before you got it. Maybe James will let us know for sure, but I am pretty sure that he had it chambered but never got the stock finished, then found something else he liked.

Sounds fair enough... Sold to Pat..

I will PM you my contact information..

Thanks,

DoubleG