Current Savage Action differences

That is correct, I want to assemble my own rifle and I'm sure that I am not alone. Which was my initial reason for the thread. To try to condense the info that isn't often talked about into one place.

The caliber decision was made some time ago. It won't be changing because someone on the net doesn't like it, thinks its pointless, or whatever. The build will be closer to "field portable precision artillery" than a "mountain rifle." Can not buy that combo from Savage, unless they've recently started offering Criterion, Shilen, or similar varmint or heavy Palma contour barrels on their box-stock .30 mag rifles?

Not much help here, but I understand. On the surface, Savage's numbers seem to make sense, but I just bought a 110 and it's a short action. Savage shooters is a great resource and every one I've owned has shot .6 moa or better. It's just one rifle that has alot of aftermarket support, but you have to k ow what you have and what you want a little more than most. Hope you figure it all out. I believe you will be pleased with your results.

It looks like PTG and Accurate Mag are the only two LA DBM suppliers? SA's abound, but LA's look to be thin on the ground.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.