Current production 22 revolver’s

It is funny some pistol makers do not finish or fit them well, They just put them together, If you send them back they will bring them up in fit and finish to make most people happy. They say it is too much work if it is just going to live in a drawer.

After striking out on a 22 pistol at a gun show last weekend me and a buddy took a ride to a not so local gun shop today. Large selection at this shop and was worth the trip. I ended up getting a Ruger mark IV.
I may end up buying a revolver down the road but this should be fun.
Thanks for all your replies.

Attachments

• B1F79C57-B88F-4CFB-BDE0-A2C5958DAC04.jpeg
    B1F79C57-B88F-4CFB-BDE0-A2C5958DAC04.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
If you want a single action you won't find many better than a Freedom Arms 83 or 97. I have one of each in 22lr. The 97 is a more reasonable size for a rimfire revolver. They're well over your $800 budget, but in my opinion they're worth saving up for.

Single sixes and tens are solid options in your current price range.
What's wrong with an old Single-Six~? They're everywhere for around $600 or less. Mine which was built in 1964 is a convertible and came with a yellow Ruger box (original~??). Reliable, tough, and pretty accurate~!

What's wrong with an old Single-Six~? They're everywhere for around $600 or less. Mine which was built in 1964 is a convertible and came with a yellow Ruger box (original~??). Reliable, tough, and pretty accurate~!
There's nothing wrong with them, but they're not on par with an FA. The fit and finish of a single six isn't comparable to an FA. FA's are more accurate. The lockup is incredibly tight. You don't get much tougher than a solid stainless frame designed for 454 Casull. Reliability is more or less equal between the two. Aside from misfires die to bad ammo neither has ever given me problems. You have more options in barrel length, frame size, and sights with a FA. If you want to use a scope you just unscrew the rear sight and screw a mount in the same holes. 22 mag cylinders are available from FA.

Of course, all that comes at a cost. A used FA runs around $2000, and a new one runs about $3000.

1) S&W 617 (older ones were 6 shots; newer are 10)
2) Ruger GP-100
3) Ruger Single Six (do not get the Single Ten; mine starts to malfunction after 20 rounds thru it...very frustrating.)
4) Any used S&W .22LR revolver

Any interest in semi-autos?
1) S&W Victory
2) Ruger Mark IV 22/45
3) Browning Buckmark

Avoid Taurus revolvers in .22LR. Maybe you get lucky, but probably not.
Don't see a High Standard on your list. The HD-Military with a 6" barrel can be bought reasonably, and the later slat-grip "Supermatics" are really, really accurate~!

After striking out on a 22 pistol at a gun show last weekend me and a buddy took a ride to a not so local gun shop today. Large selection at this shop and was worth the trip. I ended up getting a Ruger mark IV.
I may end up buying a revolver down the road but this should be fun.
Thanks for all your replies.
A Ruger Mark IV is an absolutely fine target pistol, the 22/45 version which mimics a 1911 is a suburb pistol. I have a current student that just purchased a Mark IV 22/45 and it simply amazed me. All of the Ruger Mark .22 pistols are good and it will be interesting to see how his 22/45 compares to my S&W 41. As for revolvers, .38 and .357 revolvers with adjustable sights from Ruger, S&W and Taurus are good. I am not so impressed with the .22 versions, but that is me, a person who absolutely loves her S&W model 19 who is not impressed by the Model 617. So be it.

There's nothing wrong with them, but they're not on par with an FA. The fit and finish of a single six isn't comparable to an FA. FA's are more accurate. The lockup is incredibly tight. You don't get much tougher than a solid stainless frame designed for 454 Casull. Reliability is more or less equal between the two. Aside from misfires die to bad ammo neither has ever given me problems. You have more options in barrel length, frame size, and sights with a FA. If you want to use a scope you just unscrew the rear sight and screw a mount in the same holes. 22 mag cylinders are available from FA.

Of course, all that comes at a cost. A used FA runs around $2000, and a new one runs about $3000.
Thanks for your offering your opinion, BUT you failed to mention who makes the "FA" ~! Inquiring minds want to know~!

I'll definitely look into these.
When I agreed to sell the S&W back to my buddy I looked at what they were going for so that's what I told him I wanted for it. lol I should have took a picture of his face.
I sold it back to him for what he sold it to me for 20 years ago but I got a good

I'll definitely look into these.
When I agreed to sell the S&W back to my buddy I looked at what they were going for so that's what I told him I wanted for it. lol I should have took a picture of his face.
I sold it back to him for what he sold it to me for 20 years ago but I got a good laugh!
A little of topic, buy you're a lot better friend that any of the crowd I run with, but that's what I get for living in California

The ruger semi's are pretty hard to beat. I have a 45/22 tactical with silencer, a little heavy but shoots lights out and very quiet. I have two of the older ones (Ruger MK II) as well and they both shoot great. My S & W 617 does ride in the driver's side door pocket though all year long, just in case a grouse rears its ugly head or a snake needs a lesson.