Current lead time on PTG custom reamers?

Well I ordered a Manson reamer when I built my 6mm creedmoor before hornady made brass and ammunition for it I think it was about 90 days I didn't complain about it at that was way before covid but as far as lead time with ptg I just keep getting told about another 2 weeks order was placed on 8/21/21

You just lost any credibility you had. You can't can't count on any lead time that PT&G might give you, ,,,, on anything you might order from them! If you see a product on their web site and call them, chances are they can't even tell you if it's in-stock, or not! When I order bolt bodies I might get them in a month or in 3 months. That's why I keep a few "on the shelf" in my shop. When I get down to 2, I place another order, because I know I won't get them 'right away'. Why would I be able to give anyone a 'current lead time for a reamer' from them? I quit ordering from them a long time ago because I couldn't count on their 'estimated delivery time', or that the reamer I ordered would be the reamer I got, or that it would even cut.! I guess I'm a slow learner, I own 8 of theirs (I have near 80 finish chambering reamers in my inventory). Hobby tools, at best! Hobbyists have time to wait (and wo

Haha you act like the problems with PTG are recent, I think not!!! I think we have a PTG Fan sorry for ruffling your feathers carry on
Read the whole post- Nothing to defend PTG.
That's why I put this post up. what everyone is saying is off the op original post.
Sorry members can't read or understand.

You just lost any credibility you had. You can't can't count on any lead time that PT&G might give you, ,,,, on anything you might order from them! If you see a product on their web site and call them, chances are they can't even tell you if it's in-stock, or not! When I order bolt bodies I might get them in a month or in 3 months. That's why I keep a few "on the shelf" in my shop. When I get down to 2, I place another order, because I know I won't get them 'right away'. Why would I be able to give anyone a 'current lead time for a reamer' from them? I quit ordering from them a long time ago because I couldn't count on their 'estimated delivery time', or that the reamer I ordered would be the reamer I got, or that it would even cut.! I guess I'm a slow learner, I own 8 of theirs (I have near 80 finish chambering reamers in my inventory). Hobby tools, at best! Hobbyists have time to wait (and wonder),, I don't!
That's why I put this post up. what everyone is saying is off the op original post.

Some of us jump in because we are in the same boat but I feel we all know the answer now sometimes we get a little off track because we cannot read everything and please the wife pay bills practice for the match this weekend but the hand writing is on the wall you see it when you see it ( good job sherm )

Hes still asking questions so I'm answering them, his thread so if I offended him sorry TacO.
Theres a difference between bashing and giving somebody real truth of our own experiences. I hope members on here always do that saves alot of headaches in the long run.
I can read just fine, reread my post ordered parts 6-8 weeks be 4 months its just typical PTG even his own smith said that so who can't read.

Some of us jump in because we are in the same boat but I feel we all know the answer now sometimes we get a little off track because we cannot read everything and please the wife pay bills practice for the match this weekend but the hand writing is on the wall you see it when you see it ( good job sherm )

Last edited:
Hes still asking questions so I'm answering them, his thread so if I offended him sorry TacO.
Theres a difference between bashing and giving somebody real truth of our own experiences. I hope members on here always do that saves alot of headaches in the long run.
I can read just fine, reread my post ordered parts 6-8 weeks be 4 months its just typical PTG even his own smith said that so who can't read.

You in no way offended me, L.Sherm. I really appreciate all the input you've given in my wildcat quest and I wasn't calling your experiences bashing. That is just stating your experience!

It just seemed like some of the heated comments were something to do with unfounded accusations on companies lead times.

I'm honestly not sure where this convo jumped the rails and got people riled up!

Not even close. If PTG still put out a good product I would be defending them.

10-15 years ago PTG was excellent.
All I can speak of is my experience, i ordered a custom reamer last Dec, and received it in March, within the stated time. It was spot on when I got it, and the rifle is super accurate. Also their CS has been top notch whenever I have called them.

All I can speak of is my experience, i ordered a custom reamer last Dec, and received it in March, within the stated time. It was spot on when I got it, and the rifle is super accurate. Also their CS has been top notch whenever I have called them.
It seems you are the exception, not the rule for them based on responses in this thread at least.

I ordered a throater 2 days ago and asked how long for custom reamers and was told 8 to 10 weeks.
Tarey
Throater I needed was in stock.