Current lead time on PTG custom reamers?

I have read far more negative about PT&G reamers and their delivery than I have about JGS and Manson combined! I have bought PT&G reamers myself and been disappointed with all but 1. I have used customer supplied PT&G reamers and not been impressed )except negatively!) by any of them. I own 8 PT&G chambering reamers and all but 1 has been re-worked, so they cut as they should and/or meet the spec they were originally intended to. If you got what you ordered in the quoted lead time, feel lucky,,,,, really lucky! I do use their custom bolts and bolt bodies, and I usually get what I order. Lead times are erratic. I don't use their bottom metal. There are other suppliers for that. Supply a print or a couple of sample rounds to Manson or JGS and you'll get what you ordered, most likely within the quoted lead time.

My last PTG reamer about 5 years ago wouldnt cut so I sent it to JGS to get sharpened they called me when they got it and said they couldn't sharpen it because it was .003 to small at the .200 line so I told them throw it in the garbage im done with them.
Called once about 6 months ago to inquire about a part they had on there website asked the guy if it was in-stock told me he had no idea ***.
Ordered a few small bolt parts 4 months ago said if wasn't in stock would be 6-8 weeks havent got them yet. YOU DECIDE!!

My last PTG reamer about 5 years ago wouldnt cut so I sent it to JGS to get sharpened they called me when they got it and said they couldn't sharpen it because it was .003 to small at the .200 line so I told them throw it in the garbage im done with them.
Called once about 6 months ago to inquire about a part they had on there website asked the guy if it was in-stock told me he had no idea ***.
Ordered a few small bolt parts 4 months ago said if wasn't in stock would be 6-8 weeks havent got them yet. YOU DECIDE!!

Dang. I thought I'd be likely to get a simple die blank pretty quickly, but now I'm worried I'll never see it!

It sounds like it might be possible to get longer Peterson 284win brass! But not until q1 2023 and I won't know until later 2022. Super cool

Dang. I thought I'd be likely to get a simple die blank pretty quickly, but now I'm worried I'll never see it!
Its why I commented earlier about the inline wilson blanks. All the inline press does is push down on the top of the die.
I think if you ever tried one you will see how good they are, if you do rubber mallet will work then decide if you wanna buy a press down the road.
I've made my last 2 seater dies anybody who's a little mechanical inclined or smith can do it with a lathe.
One other part i like about the inline press is you can feel the difference in seating force and I sort some out if i feel a difference, some guys actually use a guage I havent gone down that path yet.

Last edited:
Its why I commented earlier about the inline wilson blanks. All the inline press does is push down on the top of the die.
I think if you ever tried one you will see how good they are, if you do rubber mallet will work then decide if you wanna buy a press down the road.
I've made my last 2 seater dies anybody who's a little mechanical inclined or smith can do it with a lathe.

It doesn't appear that Wilson sells a sizing die blank though. Is that right?

One thing you might consider if you can go the wilson sizing route thought I read that there bushing won't interchange with other dies but I'm not positive.

Thanks that's the kind of answer I was looking for I have there recoil lugs and 2 piece bolts and have no complaints but I ordered a 30-06 pull reamer for 03-a4 build and still waiting now I am worried about the quality I guess I will take take it to our gun smith before I try to use it in my new criterion barrel that is short chambered

Thanks that's the kind of answer I was looking for I have there recoil lugs and 2 piece bolts and have no complaints but I ordered a 30-06 pull reamer for 03-a4 build and still waiting now I am worried about the quality I guess I will take take it to our gun smith before I try to use it in my new criterion barrel that is short chambered

Yes the smith I'm working with said that he almost ALWAYS has to send the resizer reamers back because they're not correct on the first try.... After waiting 6 mo to get them.

Talked to Ray at Manson on the phone today for probably 45 minutes. He was awesome and very helpful. Hopefully I can get a couple dimensions finalized in the next day or so and give them all my money

Yes the smith I'm working with said that he almost ALWAYS has to send the resizer reamers back because they're not correct on the first try.... After waiting 6 mo to get them.
Then why does he keep going back!
I'm not telling you what to do but if I knew my smith new he was getting crappy reamers and still went to the same place id be question if I had the right smith