Current lead time on PTG custom reamers?

If you dont size the .200 line properly you will get clickers. If you dont harden then I bet you will get galling and scratching of your brass.
You could be correct on the .200 line, I've never neck sized or built a die this way.
Erik Cortina say's he doesn't harden his dies...? he also claims he's never worn one out, he's been running a Shehane for years now.

You could nitride a die to harden it.
I know I think its alot more hassle and trouble than its worth trying to make a FL die from chamber reamer, seating die different story ive got several.

Last edited:
I know I think its alot more hassle and trouble than its worth trying to make a FL die from chamber reamer, sizing die different story ive got several.
It was just a thought/ wonder I had.
But you lost me now on being able to make a sizing die from a chamber reamer?

I know I think its alot more hassle and trouble than its worth trying to make a FL die from chamber reamer, seating die different story ive got several.

I was planning on using my Lee '06 seater for this one. They're parallel bored and I confirmed with Lee that this case will fit in there an work.

If for some reason I have issues, like inconsistent seat depth, I figured I'd have a seater made from a ptg blank and my chamber reamer. That should keep the case very concentric to the seater plug if all is done correctly, I would think!

I'm going to go with Manson and have a resizer reamer made as well. Also going to order a PTG die blank. They said 2 weeks on that, so maybe I'll get it about the same time as my Manson reamers ;) JGS sounds awesome too, but the price would be way way up there.

I sent my print proposal to Manson with some questions to discuss, so now I just have to wait to hear back.

Now I just need to convince Peterson to sell me some untrimmed 284 cases so I can have a longer neck 🤔

The nice thing is that the smith I'm having do this is also going to make my die. He makes his own dies for a variant of Litz's Enabler cartridge.

I really like working with this guy... He's been awesome so far and a breathe of fresh air compared to the rest of all the service providers I've dealt with in 2021.

I have been waiting for my reamer ordered on 10/8/21 I had to blow the dust off the email to see the date but you know what the dog said when he got his tail caught in the fan(It won't be long now)

Have you considered wilson inline blanks?
The beauty of those are you can seat everything long take it to the range and do seating tests right at your bench instead of loading a bunch of rounds and possible later having to pull them apart.

I thought about it but he said he uses the ptg blanks all the time and they work well for a regular FL die
I'm sure they work just fine when you get them
Have you considered wilson inline blanks?
The beauty of those are you can seat everything long take it to the range and do seating tests right at your bench instead of loading a bunch of rounds and possible later having to pull them apart.
I've contemplated a Lee hand press for seating depths at the range.