Current lead time on PTG custom reamers?

Tac-O

Does anyone know what the true current lead time for custom reamers is from ptg? I called and asked and was told 8 weeks, but I have read many accounts of them taking 6 months.

Why would you even give them a chance???...call up JGS, Manson or Clymer if you want a custom reamer.

Have you had a poor experience with ptg? I was told by a smith that works with them that they're great reamers, but it may take 6 months. I don't have a problem waiting for a bit to save $75 if I know the quality is there, which it sounds like it is.

The only reports I've seen people write up that are negative is that they took a long time or were sent the wrong item or was out of spec, but they replaced it correctly.

Mine was CS issue with the reamer that I ordered from Manson as well as a reamer I tried to order previously. They wanted to steer me toward something they had done before and that's not what I wanted. They just stopped responding completely when I told them to draw what I asked for; not once but twice.
I'm paying for a custom, build what I want not something that's convenient for you.
Manson was super helpful and seemed happy to have my order

No need to put up with **** poor customer service even if it costs more. PTG will never have a chance with me to show whether their reamers are quality or not, although I have heard of more issues with their reamers than the others mentioned in this thread.

Mine was CS issue with the reamer that I ordered from Manson as well as a reamer I tried to order previously. They wanted to steer me toward something they had done before and that's not what I wanted. They just stopped responding completely when I told them to draw what I asked for; not once but twice.
I'm paying for a custom, build what I want not something that's convenient for you.
Manson was super helpful and seemed happy to have my order

No need to put up with **** poor customer service Even if it costs more.

Yes I've talked with Manson on the phone and they were so helpful I wanted to pay them for the time on the phone 😂

I bought a PTG reamer and had to have it sharpened by Dave Manson, immediately. Barely cut its first chamber. It was a *** from the get go.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the true current lead time for custom reamers is from ptg? I called and asked and was told 8 weeks, but I have read many accounts of them taking 6 months.
Brother, I hope it is NOT a 30-284 reamer. 🤣
Why would you even give them a chance???...call up JGS, Manson or Clymer if you want a custom reamer.
This!
I have a custom Manson reamer on order. Was quoted 10-12 weeks on customs.
I wouldn't order from PTG even if they were a shorter lead time.
This more realistic quote. I had the exact quote the last time I ordered a custom reamer. CS and quality were excellent.

Brother, I hope it is NOT a 30-284 reamer. 🤣

This!

This more realistic quote. I had the exact quote the last time I ordered a custom reamer. CS and quality were excellent.

Yes the guy I talked to about Manson vs PTG said Manson us always good for their lead time quote and many times is much faster.

It's not exactly..Stay tuned..... 😂

Last edited:
Can't go wrong w JGS or Manson. PTG at one time was a good company, not the case anymore. Last reamer I purchased from them took 2x longer than quoted and arrived w wrong freebore, sent it back, came back again w wrong freebore! Sent to Manson, came back with correct freebore good to go!!