CSR 7WSM Digi Camo

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Greywolf18, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Greywolf18

Greywolf18 Well-Known Member

My first ever custom:

Winchester model 70 action all trued up
    7mm WSM
    26" Brux barrel (#7 straight taper)
    CSR Muscle Break
    Timney trigger (#2.5)
    HS Stock
    TPS Rings
    20 MOA base (EGW if I remember correctly, could be wrong)
    Callahan bottom metal
    Durakoat everything

Now if my Vortex PST would ever get here I'd get to shoot! Can't wait to shoot this thing! Being a Marine I just had to get the matching digi pattern for my stock, if I was spending all that money I might as well go all the way right? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ogremccloud

ogremccloud Well-Known Member

It is a good looking rifle you have there. Let me know how its shoots i want to build somthing very similar for a buddy who recently came home from over seas. would like to customize his model 70 for him.

3. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Nice rig, I like the digi camo pattern. Show it to us when you have him with scope.

4. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Very nice looking rifle. I am looking at a 7mmWSM down the road.

5. bassin93

bassin93 Well-Known Member

who did the work for you. I have a win long action and would like to do pretty much the same thing. Thanks. Jeff

6. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Is your rifle a long action? If so, what type of bottom metal did you use?

7. Greywolf18

It was not a long action. I bought the gun used and it was already a factory 7mmWSM. Then the smith stripped everything off and trued up the action, and added everything to it.

Jim See @ Center Shot Rifles did all the work (including finding the bottom metal for it and painting everything). He shot groups that were around 1/2 MOA during rifle break in, and I'm hoping that whenever I get the scope in I can duplicate the 1/2 MOA or even beat it.

8. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

What bullet was Jim using? We ran into issues when using the 180's. That is why most used the long action when I built my 7wsm a couple years ago. Now you have alot more choices for your bottom metal.

I have a friend with the exact same starter rifle wanting to build a long range rig.

With Jim's work I am sure a 1/2moa is the starting point!!! Enjoy you have a fantastic rifle.

Brent

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

10. Greywolf18

Jim's picture is much better than mine lol I was just using my iPhone in a room without a lot of light. I must say that my pics just don't do the rifle justice on how great it looks!

The bullet I am going to be using is the 168gr Berger. During breakin Jim was using 4831sc & 168 bergers if I remember correctly. I don't have any 4831sc, but I do have a pound of H1000 and several boxes of 168gr bergers that I will be trying out whenever my scope comes in. I'll definately post up some pics once I get it dialed in.

Thanks again Jim!

11. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

Brian thanks for the info. 4831sc, H1000, and RL 22 sure seem to be the top picks from what I have read. I use RL22 since I have about 15lbs of it. 69grs. with 168bergers sure does shoot well in mine.

Brent

12. trueblue

trueblue Well-Known Member

Very nice rig, and Jim does great work.