Crossing Electric fence safely.

kimberyote

This cattle fence has 4, very tight wires with plastic posts. I use electric muffs and the power going thru the wire really makes my muffs growl.
Any suggestions on crossing safely?
Happy Holidays LRH members!!

I don't trespass so telling you how would be illegal. + In Obama's new gun control laws there is a mandatory 20 year prison term for trespassing with a firearm.

Merry Christmas...

This cattle fence has 4, very tight wires with plastic posts. I use electric muffs and the power going thru the wire really makes my muffs growl.
Any suggestions on crossing safely?
Happy Holidays LRH members!!

Use the gate!!! Ha Ha.

Nothing good can come from crossing the wire.

J E CUSTOM

dont be a wuss i hold 14,400v AC in my hands every day....

what are these electric muffs you speak of? good leather gloves are good for up to 600v AC but the DC of the fence is a little different but i have to cross them plenty at work and leathers are usually enough. you could always get a pair of class "0" rubber gloves with leathers over them.

dont be a wuss i hold 14,400v AC in my hands every day....

what are these electric muffs you speak of? good leather gloves are good for up to 600v AC but the DC of the fence is a little different but i have to cross them plenty at work and leathers are usually enough. you could always get a pair of class "0" rubber gloves with leathers over them.

Go ahead and be a wuss. protecting your hands is one thing , but if anything is dangling and
touches the wire you will be singing in suprano. (At least for a while).

If you have to cross the electric fence , I would Carry a piece of rubber big enough to protect
your valuables.

J E CUSTOM

i use the butt of my gun to push the wires down so i can step over it. the rubber butt pad and stock will act as insulation from the voltage.

Test to see if its on by peeing on it..... Lol

Just a joke I take no responsibility if anyone does this !

I second that. Remember the weiner cookers with the 2 prongs that cooked the weinie in 30 seconds....

Thats you.:D

I'd turn it off or use a gate. Just common sense and no cooked weinie........:rolleyes:

Go ahead and be a wuss. protecting your hands is one thing , but if anything is dangling and
touches the wire you will be singing in suprano. (At least for a while).

If you have to cross the electric fence , I would Carry a piece of rubber big enough to protect
your valuables.

J E CUSTOM

i was joking about the wuss part but the rubber gloves would let him handle the wire easily. a rubber door mat would work for protecting everything else.

this is what i deal with every day....

hotwork_zps2ac87e91.jpg

yall should see some of the stuff we end up doing just to keep the lightbulb's on and still do what we got to do.

It does not take much to get over an electric fence, just a chunk of sagebrush is enough to push it down or just go fast, it'll only get you once. UNLESS it's being used around buffalo, that stuff will knock you out of your boots!!!!!!

Funny story: I lived in Old Mexico for 5 yrs or so. My foreman asked me how to keep his animals in his corral. I said "well in the US we use elec fences" HMMMMMM. He hooks up 110v to his fence with tire rubber insulators. All 4 of his horses were dead by the next morning.

I have permission. The gate is a long way from where I need to access the pasture. I need different access locations in regards to the direction of the wind.
The fence is for Beefalo cattle. I use pro ears predator muffs. With old style (1 wire) electric fence, my muffs don't pick up the electricity sound of the fence until you are almost on top of it. With this 4 wire, chest high fence, you can here the fence start to snap 4 times the distance.
That stuff you are covering the line with in your great pic looks like what I need. I'll have to camo paint them tho!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.