Crossing Electric fence safely.

I have permission. The gate is a long way from where I need to access the pasture. I need different access locations in regards to the direction of the wind.
The fence is for Beefalo cattle. I use pro ears predator muffs. With old style (1 wire) electric fence, my muffs don't pick up the electricity sound of the fence until you are almost on top of it. With this 4 wire, chest high fence, you can here the fence start to snap 4 times the distance.
That stuff you are covering the line with in your great pic looks like what I need. I'll have to camo paint them tho!

Don't screw with that stuff, I've seen buffalo get knocked down by it and I have a healthy respect for it, played with electric fence all my life but I won't screw with that stuff AT ALL!!!!

I have permission. The gate is a long way from where I need to access the pasture. I need different access locations in regards to the direction of the wind.
The fence is for Beefalo cattle. I use pro ears predator muffs. With old style (1 wire) electric fence, my muffs don't pick up the electricity sound of the fence until you are almost on top of it. With this 4 wire, chest high fence, you can here the fence start to snap 4 times the distance.
That stuff you are covering the line with in your great pic looks like what I need. I'll have to camo paint them tho!

that stuff we are using in that pic is rated for up to 36kv so yeah it would work great but yeah its kinda high vis for a reason...lol

if you know anybody that does contract line work they could probably get you a blanket or something.

Being an ex farm boy, my brothers and I would torture all our city cousins. Running shoes and work boots wouldnt get you that bad, but get someone to take their shoes and socks off and stand in the wet grass, PRICELESS.
I would just take my muffs off for the couple of seconds it takes to cross under the wire, if possible, getting shocked in the balls will more than likely hurt, but you will learn not to do it again, unless your into that kind of stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.