Crossbow Forum

deadend

It would be nice to have a separate forum for crossbows.There is much interest out here in xbows. Just my two.

This is one of my favorite sites with very experienced people ready to help. I just bought a Barnett Quad 400 and looked at other sites and they have no activity. I went to one and the first forum page had stuff that was a year old on the first page. Here or HK Pro there are lots of new posts and answers everyday. I asked a question about a crossbow scope on a couple of forums last week and still no reply. I used to shoot compounds decades ago and bought the crossbow and I guess now I'm a virgin. Sure got a lot to learn.

I bought the complete Barnett Quad 400 package with Quiver, bolts (arrows) a multi-reticle 4x scope with mounts for $299 on sale at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Most folks are $459-499 on that package and it shoots 345 fps. If you don't have an Academy near you I think you can buy it on line.

i just bought the equinox from Excalibur and it is awesome. do not get me wrong those tac 15 look real sweat but i do not have to replace cables ever and no fine tuning all the time. I only have one string and i can change it 5 minutes and be shooting 1" groups out to 50 yards in that 5 minutes. it is a real tack driver. i shot it 10 times before i hit the woods and kill my first turkey with anything but a gun and it was at a distance of 45 yards. shot right through both wings. i did not even have to tune my broadheads. shoot the sst bosses 100 grains by wasp. and they fly like darts. DO NOT SHOOT 2 OF THEM AT SAME TARGET. unless you hold on a different spot or you will be buying more arrows even at 50 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.